Can you really lose all the weight without exercise?

Options

Replies

• surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can lose the weight, but I look at it like this:

Skinny people look good in clothes.
    Fit people look good naked.

I want to look good naked, lol!

^^^^^THIS 100% lol

That's why I'm in it lol, I want to be comfortable enough to play strip poker! HAHA.
  • MJALewis
    MJALewis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great Explanation!
  • pprigge
    pprigge Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Muscle also burns more calories at rest, say while you sit at your desk at work, than fat. So even working out some and increasing muscle mass slightly or in very least maintaining muscle mass will help you burn more calories when you're doing passive things, like sleeping!
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    I have lost most of my 37 lbs. through calorie reduction. I love to go biking and I do some occasional walking and strength training. It is winter here so I'm not able to get out on the bike trail and can't stand the gym. I have still lost 3-7 lbs. each month since November. I decided that I needed to live in realville and do what works for me. And I noted that in the warmer months when I was able to bike, I really didn't lose weight that much quicker, but seemed to be able to eat more because of the consistent exercise. I say listen to your body. As far as looking like a melting candle made by a previous poster, I think that's possible with some one who has to lose a tremendous amount of weight, and does it quickly, and is doing it without exercise. I have not experienced that result at all. The slower you lose, the more root food problems you resolve, the less likely you will gain it back. Sure, you can do all the gimmicky plans out there and lose weight quickly, but it's not healthy and you risk gaining it back because you are likely to go back to your old ways of eating that got you on the weight gain/loss rollercoaster to begin with. There are alot of weight loss programs out there. But only a few them solve the root problems associated with being overweight.
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i accomplished my lowest weight with no exercise.
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options

love this lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ivyana25
    Options

This.... i want to look good naked also... lol
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

This!!!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

Awwww, HELLZ Yeah!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have lost most of my 37 lbs. through calorie reduction. I love to go biking and I do some occasional walking and strength training. It is winter here so I'm not able to get out on the bike trail and can't stand the gym. I have still lost 3-7 lbs. each month since November. I decided that I needed to live in realville and do what works for me. And I noted that in the warmer months when I was able to bike, I really didn't lose weight that much quicker, but seemed to be able to eat more because of the consistent exercise. I say listen to your body. As far as looking like a melting candle made by a previous poster, I think that's possible with some one who has to lose a tremendous amount of weight, and does it quickly, and is doing it without exercise. I have not experienced that result at all. The slower you lose, the more root food problems you resolve, the less likely you will gain it back. Sure, you can do all the gimmicky plans out there and lose weight quickly, but it's not healthy and you risk gaining it back because you are likely to go back to your old ways of eating that got you on the weight gain/loss rollercoaster to begin with. There are alot of weight loss programs out there. But only a few them solve the root problems associated with being overweight.

AMEN to all of this!

I didn't have a lot to lose either. Maybe 20 lbs overall and over two years. I have no sagging.
  • aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i lost around 40 lbs by just changing my eating habits, but after a while you need to start exercising, i have started with cardio and some basic exercises...lbecause first the wt comes off easily but then in a few months you will realize that you need to exercise to continue losing wt and sustain it. I started without exercising because I first wanted to get a handle on my binging and make it possible for me to exercise for 10 mins w/o wanting to collapse.

So as I am learning, its the better to use the combination of healthy eating and exercise.
  • Chuki5
    Chuki5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i started exercising only so i could eat more!!! LOL, really, i found out how fast I could eat 1930 calories and felt severely cheated but i was resolute in keeping with the program so i started walking on the treadmill. My exercise has become intense treadmill time but definitely keeps me feeling good all day...i usually hit it within 15 minutes of getting out of bed.
  • Chuki5
    Chuki5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    that is my intention...i am excited about hitting the pool this summer and not having people chase me around with harpoons....lol
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've lost all 35lbs with no exercise..... NOW... not my suggestion as its getting harder and my body does not look like MANY of the amazing women on here... but it worked for me (thus far).

However, Because I do not want to be what I call skushy... I will start lifting soon (once i get my tax return and can get some things) and start running again (I did 5k's last year but was gaining and losing the same 5-10lbs)
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

^^^^^THIS 100% lol

Quoted for truth.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My doctor always tells me that I don't need to do exercise as I will lose weight because I am so big but then I am petrified of having loose skin so I like to tone up as I go along. A friend of mine on another forum is the same size as me and has lost more than me but with one difference I exercise but if you were standing beside each of us you would see who looks leaner and ever at 280lbs I am in no means lean but my bingo wings are looking so much smaller than hers. We both eat the same calories but she doesn't like exercise and she doesn't see the point when she is already losing weight. As someone else said I want to look fit and good as well and if I continue the way I am I hope to be, god willing.
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started this going to the gym a couple of days a week, and until a few weeks ago I was at the gym/classes 5 times a week. I lost around 26lbs doing this, and calorie controlling. Then I broke my ankle. I've upped my calories as I used to be based on a bigger deficit but eat back some of my exercise calories. Now I'm on crutches I've not been able to continue exercising in the same way (well hardly at all) and I have still lost a further 6lbs. Getting there, slower, and I intend to get back to the gym, but in order to continue losing while I am laid up I will just use calorie control!
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Options
    Yes! My friend lost 60 pounds by dieting alone. She looks awesome! I'd post pictures of her but I won't without her permission haha
  • Brian_VA
    Brian_VA Posts: 125
    Options
    Studies tend to show people that use diet and exercise to lose weight are able to lose more weight than those that diet alone.

Although regaining weight is common either way,, studies also slow that you have a significantly better chance of keeping weight off if you lose with a combination of diet and exercise.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    are you looking to just lose weight or tone your body and feel stronger and more fit.

i am a big advocate of women starting to weight train and lay off so much cardio. cardio wont change your body as much as weights will. since i started weight training my body has changed dramatically and more than any eliptical ever did. if you are looking to lose body fat you will need to add some cardio in of course, but i think all women can benefit from picking up the weights.