Restaurants Finds

Options
arberard07
arberard07 Posts: 7 Member
Anyone have some popular restaurants that have healthy meal choices??

To start us off... Chilis has a DELICIOUS and filling Margarita chicken! Had it last night and LOVED it!!

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden and Applebee's have a lighter choices menu, also. Lots of fast food places are now adopting those practices too
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've done a few items off the Applebee's lighter side menu and liked them. However I find that while the calories may be enticing as well as the grilled veggies, most are frickin' off the charts sodium wise :(
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Napa Chicken with Portobellos at Applebee's. 450 calories (including sides), 55g protein. It's fewer calories than I usually have for dinner, so I added a bowl of soup--but I think I would have felt full without it.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not sure how healthy it is calorie wise, but the Spinach and grilled shrimp salad @ Applebees rocks!! And I'm always a sucker for a good piece of grilled or seared fish or any other grilled/boiled/steamed seafood - Always a good choice...
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Not sure how healthy it is calorie wise, but the Spinach and grilled shrimp salad @ Applebees rocks!! And I'm always a sucker for a good piece of grilled or seared fish or any other grilled/boiled/steamed seafood - Always a good choice...
    I love that salad! The regular size, though, is 1060 calories, which won't usually fit within my daily calorie budget. But sized for the lunch Pick N' Pair it's only 290, so I can add a cup of soup and still come in within my calories. (Also available in a "half" portion for 620 cals, and without dressing for 730 regular, 460 half).
  • befit68
    befit68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well this isn't a nice sit down meal, but in a pinch for time it's a safe bet.

Wendy's has the Ultimate grill chicken sandwich which comes in around 10 g of fat, 10 gs of sugar, and protein in the 34-36g range in a 400 calorie practically naked sandwich just brushed with a hint of honey mustard. I stop and get one after lifting so I get a boost in protein and my small amount of bread for carbs. They now offer that sandwich in a healthy Combo with a side of chili, or garden salad and a diet coke (swap it for water) for 600 calories. here's how to get to that info.
    http://www.wendys.com/food/nutritious-options.jsp