Boost in 10 minutes or less

Options
Ok people - we've all heard about taking stairs at work, etc. I want to hear about ways you have found to sneak in a liitle more activity into your day. For instance, I just did some jump rope while pumping gas to keep warm. It made me think - why don't I do this all the time?!? So, lets hear it - what do you do?

Replies

• ridofthegoodies
    ridofthegoodies Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    • Drink a ton of water to always have to get up and use a facility
    • Cart lifts in grocery check out line
    • Isometrics (tensing and relaxing a group of muscles: abs, thighs, ... pecs ... someday, maybe)
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I always used to take the lift at work. I work on the 4th floor. Now always take the stairs.

Instead of emailing someone at work, i will go and see them.

I drink LOADS of water anyway so im always up and down for the toilet.

When i go food shopping, i deliberately park as far away from the door as possible.

Since ive been at the gym and eating better ive had more energy and not so tired so have naturally been doing more cleaning around the home
  • samsamnojam
    samsamnojam Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yup to some of them. Drink a tonne of water so I always need to walk to a toilet. At the supermarket park as far away as possible. Also parking further away now when I take my son to school (I have to walk him into the playground). And doing a lot more cleaning at home now that I have more energy, too.
    Sofa push-ups in the evening whilst watching TV (lower body on sofa, with hands on the floor in front), though not all evening!
    I don't know if this one works but I read (Paul McKenna, maybe?) that visualizing yourself doing exercise also helps. So I do this when I'm day-dreaming. And at night, I dream that I'm running. I really want to get back to running, but I'm too heavy at the moment. I think the dreams are spurring me on. Soon... soon...