Help I'm hurting and it never gets better... so confused

2»

Replies

• cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    If you have a teaching hospital near you, you might be able to be seen in the resident's clinic. It's cheaper and they're supervised so you still get good care.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    SEE YOUR DOC>>>>sounds like some type of Fibromyalgia.....but blood work, a physical and some other tests might help ease your mind.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    That sounds a lot like my story (including no insurance). But you really should see a doctor.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    You NEED to go see a doctor!

It could be so many things - much of which is treatable (thryoid, low iron levels, Fibromyalgia)

It sounds like you are doing everything right (diet & exercise wise). Please, do yourself a huge favour and go see your doctor or naturapath now.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    If you have a teaching hospital near you, you might be able to be seen in the resident's clinic. It's cheaper and they're supervised so you still get good care.

Yes! As I have no insurance, my neurologist is a neurology resident at a teaching hospital. I really do like him, and his attending comes in briefly at the end of the appt to quickly go over it all and make sure he got everything/point out things he needs/etc. So I'm getting the same care ('though appts take a little longer bc of it), and it's cheaper than it otherwise would be.
  • ShayCampau
    ShayCampau Posts: 17 Member
    Thank you everyone for your comments. I am planning on eating more - make it a zero on the net count. Eating more protein, which my man is excited about actually, make sure I am taking my vitamins everyday and drinking more water. AND I am making an appointment with a Sports, Holistic Chiropractor in my area. She will do a consultation for free. :D

Thanks again!
    Shannon :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    No, the net count should NOT be zero - it should be whatever your goal is before exercise.

The REMAINING should be zero.
  • samsamnojam
    samsamnojam Posts: 34 Member
    What you've described sounds quite like chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. Both these conditions are caused by putting too much stress on the body/mind for too long. What are your mental stress and anxiety levels like, as this will affect you physically too. It might be worth looking at some of the online questionnaires for chronic fatigue and adrenal fatigue, then reading about the recommended nutrition for these conditions. If you're not getting enough iron, calcium, magnesium, B12, omega 3 etc... your body will suffer. What you don't want to do is drop your activity levels very much, but I think you know this, as this leads to deconditioning. However, I am wondering if you're getting enough rest? You seem to be making a lot of demands of your body. I'd also recommend trying some alternative physical therapies. Reflexology and acupuncture worked well for me, and all types of strong massage.
    Wishing you all the best.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Have you been tested for Lyme? And I mean chronic Lyme, which means more than just the western blot test. You need the test for all the bands.