60lbs down and 3/4 of the way done

Options
wbandel
wbandel Posts: 530 Member
I'm finally 3/4 of the way to my goal. Okay technically I'm a lb away from 3/4, but I only take pics every 10lbs, so it's close enough. Weighed in today with a 60lb loss and took a picture. I was super shocked to see myself in the photo. I'm not sure what it is about seeing yourself in 3-D, but I feel like I hardly see any changes in the mirror. I even had to wake up my husband and nag him about if I really look that tiny or if the photo is doing magic tricks. lol

Anyways, I just wanted to share my progress with everyone. My husband calls me a lurker because I read the "success stories" at least once a day, if not twice. :blushing: So feel free to lurk, comment, or friend me.

Stats:
Age - 24
Height - 5'11"
SW - 247
CW - 187
GW - 165

60lbs_zps7630e490.jpg

First picture is starting weight 247, second picture is current weight 187.

Edit to add progression pics in case anyone is interested. I'm very much an apple (or a potato, I feel like I'm big everywhere lol), so it was great seeing my stomach start to disappear.

17185083-7791-4641-beee-254c6973a047_zps0f6f52fb.jpg

Replies

• lorenaguardado
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! How long since you started?
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I am just over 40 pounds down, but I still have the last 40 to go! You look great! JEALOUSY! :) Just imagine what you will look like after the next 20!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job!! You're on the homestretch now!!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Keep up the great work :)
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I started last summer... I think beginning of July. Did C25K and pilates/yoga, then once college started up I switched from that to biking every day as a means of transportation. Since it's been cold my activity has decreased, but I'm going to start biking again once it stops snowing. Started with an average loss of 10lbs a month, then as I lost more it has slowed down to about 5lbs a month.
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you for sharing...im tall also...almost 6 ft. I have 180 as my goal weight, possibly will re-evaluate when I get there. You do look great, such an inspiration for me! Right now the weight isen't coming off too fast for me...but i think the inches are...I'm being VERY patient though, this is a lifestyle for me.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Excellent! WTG!! You look absolutely AMAZING!!
  • Mommy_J
    Mommy_J Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!!! You look fabulous! I love that you took pictures every 10 lbs., I think I'm going to do that too :)
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You have a really nice body shape that totally came out. Nice round tits, long arms and probably legs, nice waist and hips. You are genetically very lucky - and after you lost all this weight it really shows!
    Congrats :)
  • leahk80
    leahk80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    great job:happy:
  • VISCIENTIST
    Options
    Just wonderful! You are such an inspiration! Keep it up!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing! and ps. I'm totally a lurker too, success stories is the only one I look at at least daily maybe more, haha!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome photo progression! You're looking great! :) Keep up the good work!
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a wonderful change for you! You look wonderful and I love that you took a picture every 10 pounds. Amazing, thank you for sharing!
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    From one tall (5'10") lurker to another, I just want to say you how great you look! Way to go!
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look fantastic. Those last ten pounds really did a number on you especially!! Congrats :)

I've taken to taking photos more often too just because there seems to be a major disconnect from mirror to camera!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing success so far! I'm the same way, I don't really see anything different when I look in the mirror but when I see those pics side by side I'm kind of shocked. Wouldn't it be cool if you could create a plastic 3D copy of yourself every 10 pounds? Then you could just line them up in your living room and ACTUALLY SEE the difference. Well, I think it would be cool...
  • crazylesty07
    Options
    Love the progress pictures!!! Do you do any type(s) of strength or resistance training other than the cardio'ish activities you listed? I'm 5'6ish and started at 229 and lost the first 29lbs easily, but am stuck at 200 now even though I do lots of cardio and have my eating down pretty well. Your transformation is awesome!! Congrats!
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes, I too am a lurker on the success boards. You look amazing and congratulations on your efforts!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!