Newbie and Needing Support

Options
KaySaver
KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
Hello All!

I am a lost individual from Jax FL.

I give up! I can't do this anymore. I have to lose this weight or I fear my depression will turn so far inward that I will not be able to recover. My life has to change and so does my body.

I am looking for help and support in this community to make this happen.

Please drop me a line or send me a link to any and all topics, posts, logs, blogs, sites, that have helped any of you.

I am ready to jump in with both feet and change my life for the rest of what is left of it.

Thanks and I hope all of you are well and reaching your goals.
Kay.

Replies

• mmerker
    mmerker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is a great tool to help you align your habits with your goals. Just remember to be honest on the log, and take notice of the things that really put a dent in your day. I have a terrible snacking habit, but after using my fitness pal, I've been able to decide to say no to that pesky bag of chips. It doesn't make me that much less hungry, and takes away over 200 calories from the meals I can eat for the rest of the day. Take note of what works and what you should avoid, and incorporate that into your daily choices.

Invite your friends to join too! Seeing my friends' progress on the homepage gives me encouragement to continue striving toward my goal. Good luck! You can do it!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hello Kay,

Something that has helped me is by eating healthier foods and drinking A LOT more water than I used to! Also by "shocking" my body by doing different exercise or more intense. If you would like go ahead and add me as a friend and I will help you as much as I can!
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Kay!
    You have definitely come to the right place. This site is very helpful if you commit to logging in and being accountable for your food intake. The community is also very supportive so make some friends on here to help push you as well as keep you on target. Feel free to add me as a friend. If you keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change rather than simply a diet, you will have more success with losing the weight as well as keeping it off. Good luck!
  • tammy4720
    tammy4720 Posts: 11
    Options
    Kay,

You have come to the right place for support! I've only been on this website for one week and have found the tools and the people to be of great help.

I've been overweight for years and could never stick with anything. I've been very frustrated over my appearance and lack of energy. So last week I was invited to MyFitnessPal by a friend and have begun tracking what I eat each day. It has been a tremendous eye opener! I didn't realize how quickly my calories were adding up before I started using the Food Diary. Wow!! No wonder I have 50 pounds to lose!

I would encourage you to use the food diary and stick within your calorie limits, as well as carbs, fat and proteins. I've been walking every other day and sticking within my calorie limits (for the most part) and I've lost 3.5 pounds my first week! If I can do this, I know you can! I haven't been able to stick with a diet in several years, but I have found MyFitnessPal to be just what I needed. I hope you do too!

Let me know anytime you are needing encouragement. Just think of how good you'll feel when those pounds start to melt off! :flowerforyou:
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome Kay!
  • sunnyskys
    sunnyskys Posts: 43
    Options
    The thing I have noticed is that there are plenty of people willing to help you and support you just keep on trying Kay and you will succeed. We all have the same goal to get healthier and live a more satisfying life. Dont get discouraged with slow progress. stay focussed and remember anything worth while truly does take time and is so worth waiting for. Anticipation makes life sweeter.
    Good luck. If you need a boost just ask.

Hugs and Smiles make life worth while.
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Please don't give up! You've come to the right place. I joined earlier this week and this site has been a blessing! I have 105 pounds to lose--and believe me--I have felt like it would be easier to just give up than try to lose the weight. I have a long way to go, but I am ready to do the work once and for all...for me. You can do it too! I'd love to be one of your support friends.

You can add me as a friend if you'd like. :smile:
  • KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow!

Thank you all for the support!

Let's keep the ball rolling and stick with it.

I know we can all do it together!

Thanks again!