pita pockets

Options
fitinyoga14
fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
I've baught pita pockets before, however i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which is the best brand/kind of pitas to buy?? i want to make sure that i buy the healthiest kind this time around. preferribly low in calories/fat/carbs and high in whole grains, protein, and fiber.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I prefer the oroweat sandwich thins 100% whole wheat fill'ems .... 100 calories for 1 roll ......total fat 1g .... protein 5g total carbs 21g .... hope that helps .. and good luck
  • jolene1
    jolene1 Posts: 28
    Options
    Joseph's - Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Lavash Bread... kinda like a taco shell 100 calories for the whole thing...and it's huge
    Calories 50
    Total Fat 2 g
    Total Carbs 7 g
    Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Protein 5 g
    Joseph's - Flax, Oat Bran, & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread
    Calories 60
    Total Fat 2 g
    Total Carbs 8 g
    Dietary Fiber 4 g
    Protein 6 g
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    kangaroo has pita pokets that are whole wheat and only 80 calories. They're already cut in half so its easy to make a quick turkey sandwich or something
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I like the kangaroo brand, I usually get the whole wheat kind but the hubby bought the last package and didn't pay attention to which one he got so he ended up getting the white. So these numbers are for the white:
    Calories 90
    Total fat 0
    Sat fat 0
    Trans fat 0
    Cholesterol 0
    Sodium 140
    Carbs 18
    Fiber 1
    Sugar 1
    Protein 3
    Calcium 6%
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Joseph's - Flax, Oat Bran, & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread

60 cals for the whole thing, 30 if you only use half, as a pocket.
    I use them as pizza crusts. spread a little sauce, sprinkle a little low-fat grated mozzarella, and top with ANYTHING, and bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes depending how well done you like stuff and if you preheated...just watch it and poke at it till it starts to get crispy...
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    both joseph's products mentioned by previous posters are AMAZING! but i've had such a difficult time finding them.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    where can i find the Joseph's pitas?