Did Valentines day dust your diet ??

Options
Did Valentine's Day bust your diet ? So not that I'm complaining but my wonderful boyfriend cooked crawfish alfredo over angel hair, garlic bread, snow crab and lobster for dinner !! It was all unbelieveable... especially the chocolate covered stawberries :tongue: but now i have so much guilt !! Anybody else fell off the wagon for valentines day ?? lol

Replies

• timaeus_drache
    timaeus_drache Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fiancee and I are working on this together, so we're planning on having bacon-wrapped scallops, roasted veggies (parsnips, radishes, and brussels sprouts), and dark (70%) chocolate-covered strawberries. Couple glasses of wine each. So it shouldn't be too bad.

That said, I'm totally jealous of your meal!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Hubs totally went overboard by buying the HUGE heart of chocolates and of course we had to eat 4 each last night. LOL! I'm sure I'll eat a few more tonight too.

No need to feel guiltiy - it's just like the holidays - you might overindulge for a day or two but get right back on track and the damage shouldn't be too bad.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went out for pizza and beer for Valentine's Day but it didn't hurt my diet, but I am a moderation person. I didn't feel guilty at all though. I was right back to eating healthy today:)

I understand the guilt thing. It took me a long time to give myself a break when it came to food and indulging. Just forget it, learn from it and move on.

Good Luck!
  • northfresh
    Options
    Luckily no! I was expecting it to lol but I ended up only having one cupcake at work and still stayed a bit under my limit and balanced the sugar with two salad meals :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How does one day ruin anything? No one got fat in one day or even in a week. I think that feeling guilty for having fun and indulging is not good because like I said..it's one day. Most people will find that their week #s still balance out despite that one day.
  • dowesney
    dowesney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OP, I would GLADLY dump the diet for a day or two with the meal you got. I absolutely love seafood, especially shellfish. And actually if you don't drown it all in melted butter most shellfish is pretty healthy.
  • Artemis00
    Options
    I actually managed to still lose a pound even though my husband and I went out to a Italian restaurant. I did share part of my streak with him so I didn't go over my calories for the day and was still full. I also had a glass of chianti and 2 chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. I was back to the gym tonight too. :)
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    It kind of busted my knees from all the exercise I had to do in order to eat so much but still be at a deficit. However, I kind of did that for funzies to see if I could. One day isn't going to bust or derail a dang thing. Enjoy yourself and then eat better the next day. No guilt needed!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    my husband brought me home a 720 calorie reesee heart. he told me he would eat some so i wouldn't go over board. i told him to back the hell off my chocolate and i made it fit into my calories for the day.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I didn't think we were going out to eat, so didn't plan my day's calories to include a restaurant meal. My husband had other ideas. I went over by an estimated 300 or so, but in the long run, that's no biggie. It might take me a whole day longer to reach my weight goal. If so, it was worth it!
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    BIG TIME!!!!!! :smile: :laugh: As lame & corny as it might sound, it's basically my favourite day in the year! :heart: && we celebrated it over 2 days!!! Day 1 = dinner & dessert eating our favourite pizza at a beautiful italian restaurant. Day 2 my partner surprised me by going to a theme park whereby we got to swim with seals!! (my fav animal!) and we had a naughty lunch & dinner again too!!! But I don't care... back into the swing of healthy eating today... you only live once and I am going to enjoy my favourite special occasions!! :flowerforyou:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    No. My husband got me a box of chocolates, but I decided not to open it. I'm afraid if I open it, I'll eat too much at once, so I'm going to save it for awhile. He made me a nice dinner at home & we both did well. Besides, we didn't want to be too stuffed for "dessert" if you get my drift. :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I was hoping nookie would cover the extra calories. Unfortunately, I'd still be busy. :(
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    it didnt kill my diet as i excerised alot that day...the only thing it killed was the sodium intake i took in...we had applebees. steak with parmesan n shrimp topping, mixed vegetables and loaded potatoes. for desert came home for strawberries and chocolate whip cream! yum
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yeees, not so much the Valentine's day dinner (though don't get me wrong, I totally went over then, too!), but all the goodies! I've been trying to log all the chocolate I've eaten today, but it's grim...that and the homemade coconut cream pie he made me, KNOWING that it's my biggest weakness!
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    my husband brought me home a 720 calorie reesee heart. he told me he would eat some so i wouldn't go over board. i told him to back the hell off my chocolate and i made it fit into my calories for the day.

LOL a woman after my own heart. I would have reacted exactly the same! XD
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    No. There's many benefits of being single. ;)
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I got a bit blindsided. I thought s/o and I were celebrating with a meal at our favourite tapas place which we did and I indulged a bit and had a drink or two. Then however later in the day he surprises me with a gourmet picnic also! Wine and cheese and deli meat... And cake. And he gave me something like 5 boxes of Belgian chocolates. He's lovely but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My whole week has been crapped out for the most part... Went out for dinner I think 3 or 4 nights, was careful about what I ate until last night but that burger from Red Robin was sooooooo good!

I can only hope to maintain at weigh in on Monday
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I did; the evening was a blur of sea salt caramels, and wine, and I woke up feeling puffy and hungover, but I still lost a pound this week, so it wasn't a total fail.