blade runner

Options
davidpearly
davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
So most of you probably have heard the news already about the Olympic runner who shot and killed his girlfriend last night.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB30001424127887324162304578303291198849374.html

I know it is a tragic story, but lets see if we can have some fun with it.

personally I don't think he has a leg to stand on, and there is no way he is walking away from this one.

I guess he decided she was getting flowers today either way.

Replies

• davidpearly
    Options
    really with all the funny people I see on here everyday, no one?
  • davidpearly
    Options
    well I guess this was an epic fail
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I heard he escaped from custody and is now on the crawl.....

do you think he'll be sentenced to the electric wheel chair?
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    ouch. i think it's fair to say, "too soon."
  • davidpearly
    Options
    She said she was leaving him, because he was only half a man

you think he was a little amputeed off at her

quoted from a friend

"we know now. he was never really a stand up guy."
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    way too soon.

One in three women will be assaulted by a domestic partner. Think of all the women here - one in three of them. Not so funny.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I think Nike has everyone beat with his ad they pulled...

"Bullet in the chamber"
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    OP, you made my day. LoL. Thanks for these. It's never too soon. ;)
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    **crickets**
  • davidpearly
    Options
    way too soon.

One in three women will be assaulted by a domestic partner. Think of all the women here - one in three of them. Not so funny.

it is not trying to be offensive to you ladies, It is simply making jokes about a tragic event that is ripe for the picking, I will apologize if its not to your standards of humor

P.S. they are purely about him, not his poor victim, my heart goes out to her family
  • davidpearly
    Options
    I mean he tried to run away, but forgot he had his sleeping legs on
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I get really mystified by this when I think about the pages and pages of rage about Lance Armstrong because he cheated. This guy, who battered and killed his girlfriend, gets ridiculed, but no anger. I just don't get it.

Not trying to pick an argument with you, my confusion about this is genuine.
  • davidpearly
    Options
    I get really mystified by this when I think about the pages and pages of rage about Lance Armstrong because he cheated. This guy, who battered and killed his girlfriend, gets ridiculed, but no anger. I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong I am angry at what happened and like I said before feel bad about what happened to the poor woman involved. I however take my anger out by bashing someone in a comedic sense, I am not a yeller or a fighter so I show my aggression in a different way. Not arguing just explaining my stance on this.

I also feel that making jokes at his expense is better than just talking about how bad a guy he was, it makes if fun
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

People feel duped by a cheater who's been getting away with it for years. This was just some **** that no one could have seen coming. That's the difference. Plus the fact that he has no legs gives him a bit of extra sympathy. Granted, he's culpable, but it still appeals to the same emotions in the public that a retard killing someone would, if that makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.