Triglycerides too high

I got tested and found they were really high so now I am being put on medication. I know I still need to workout and lose weight. Is there anyone else who has the same problem? Or someone who had it before?

Replies

• catalinabay
    catalinabay Posts: 5 Member
    Mine have been high for the past few years and I have always gotten away with taking daily fish oil and try to eat less fat in my diet. I am sure if I stuck with it, the levels would have come down faster, but that isn't the case.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    I have always had wonderful triglycerides...I eat alot of blueberries and vegetables and watch the sugary carbs. My husband on the other hand, uses Omega 3 with vitamin E and fish oil. Helps wonders with cholesterol too.. we get it from the doctor but you can get it online.
  • scott1111111
    scott1111111 Posts: 53 Member
    Mine were high as well. Took 1000mg of fish oil daily and it went down some. Since I started eating better and losing weight as well as eating fish more often and continuing the fish oil pills I am hoping it will be even better next appointment.
  • Fish oil! !!!!! Mine went from High to way way below normal.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    I was just at the doctor's last week. My numbers have been good for years, but I started taking fish oil just because I don't eat much fish. My doctor told me the latest research shows it doesn't really help....and then she got me with - "Plus, you have to think about all the fish that are being killed just for the oil. Eat the fish, a couple times a week, that's all. Even shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters."

Apparently all seafood is good.

I thought I was such a careful person with the environment. It really made me think. If I'm responsible for the death of the fish, I should at least eat it for the other nutrients other than the oil. Wasteful.
  • AZWrestlingFan
    AZWrestlingFan Posts: 95 Member
    thanks they said it was too high so they put me on medication
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    High triglycerides are correlated with high carb consumption. Look at your macros. My triglyceride level dropped by 50 points when i reduced carbs.

I'm still working on improving my LDL:HDL ratio and am hoping that fish oil and increased exercise will do the trick there
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Reduce refined carbohydrates and sugars. Exercise and lose weight. Eat 2-4 grams/day of fish oil.