When did you realize that enough was enough?

Options
Hey guys i was just curious as to when ya'll decided that you were not happy with yourself and wanted to make a change in your life. When did you have your aha moment???????

Replies

• crazyontrt
    Options
    Plus sized clothing. Cried my face off then got serious and dropped 70 lbs
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    A picture taken when I was in India for business. I cried for days, got home, got my *kitten* in gear, never looked back. The pic and a comparison to now are in my profile.
  • RNDougherty
    Options
    When my "fat clothes" became more than snug.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    When my middle son started putting on weight.
  • confab151
    confab151 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    When I could not hang with my kids outside playing for more than 10 minutes without beign tired and short of breath, Lost 100 lbs and never looked back :)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    When I weighed twice as much as my boyfriend. :\
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I fell, and decided I was tired of feeling disabled by something I really can control. And the rest is history.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    About the one millionth time my husband told me I was fat. Oh wait, no that isn't it. That just pissed me off. It was when not only could I not button my favorite jeans, I couldn't get them up over my thighs. Now, I can't wear them at all because they will fall of while I walk.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    On a cruise a while back, When I was wearing pants with a 38" waist, and the "comfort fit" stretch waist band ... and I couldn't button them BEFORE dinner.
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    When people (complete strangers included) started using "Melissa" in place of "Your Mama" when telling the Your mamas so fat jokes.

And as if that wasnt enough already one of the local bridges has a sign that says 2 ton max capacity and there is a sign right below it with my pic and a red circle and line through it. FML!
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    When people (complete strangers included) started using "Melissa" in place of "Your Mama" when telling the Your mamas so fat jokes.

And as if that wasnt enough already one of the local bridges has a sign that says 2 ton max capacity and there is a sign right below it with my pic and a red circle and line through it. FML!

Are you being serious right now? WTF?
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    About the one millionth time my husband told me I was fat. Oh wait, no that isn't it. That just pissed me off. It was when not only could I not button my favorite jeans, I couldn't get them up over my thighs. Now, I can't wear them at all because they will fall of while I walk.

I hope you know you are beautiful, and I hope those, or any other hurtful, words don't escape his mouth anymore!

My end was a photo I was tagged in. I never saw myself like that, but the camera doesn't lie.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    When I could not get out of bed without getting winded, and I was only 32 and I could not chase my toddler without literally wanting to take a nap. I knew I wasn't the mother I wanted to be, and that made me pull my **** together and take control.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Plus sized clothing. Cried my face off then got serious and dropped 70 lbs

Oustanding!!
  • camrunner
    Options
    When I was 16, weighing about 330 lbs, one random night I ate a big sub from Blimpie and a bag of chips and probably half a gallon of soda. This wasn't really out of the ordinary, but I realized that eating so much made me feel pretty awful. It just didn't make any sense. Started a diet the next morning and lost 150 lbs over the next two years or so.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I realized it when it took me 5 - 10 mins to get out of bed in the morning. If I tried to just get up any quicker my knees and back hurt so bad that I could barely walk. My other clue was when I realized I was out growing my 3XL clothes and I was fitting into 56 pants.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When I started a new job (a few weeks ago) and had to buy regular clothes for work. I've been wearing scrubs for the last 10 years. My wardrobe only consisted of scrubs and sweats. I didn't want to buy a whole bunch of new clothes that were the biggest size I've ever worn. I just bought a few things and have decided that the next time I go on a shopping spree for new clothes they will all be size 4!!!
  • n2thenight24
    Options

I hope you know you are beautiful, and I hope those, or any other hurtful, words don't escape his mouth anymore!

My end was a photo I was tagged in. I never saw myself like that, but the camera doesn't lie.

Oh, his mouth can do whatever it wants, cuz it's single now. :)
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    i got on the scale and i was 198. cried and im currently 30 lbs lighter and jacked.
  • tommienana
    tommienana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2 months ago when i quit smoking . it was time to lose this extra weight i've been carrying around.