My plea.

Options

Replies

• Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    What is the name of this song? I want to download it.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Ed u rock!
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Very well said. Thanks so much for sharing your life with us.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lindalloo
    lindalloo Posts: 47
    Options
    Maybe I haven't been here on MFP long enough... but I have yet to see one single personal attack from one member against another. Where is this happening?
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Well said Ed. More people need your attitude on life!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ed,
    I belive that we are all on here for one reason and that is to get healthy and make the best out of our lifes..You said it very well and I thank you for that..as you said we are not in the other persons shoes and you dont know what they maybe going thru..they could be a normal, just trying to get healthy person or it could be a person that has a depression issue and a persons weight does not help ..I would hate to think that I sent a depressed person over the edge by making negitive comments to them..So I say the next time a person reads something if they have nothing positive to say about it..then just keep your thought to yourself..Treat others as you want to be treated.. Thanks again Ed for your post!!! I also belive that there needs to be NO attacks toward you also!! You are a guy who made wrong choices in life but has found the real reason of life and have moved on..If you can show me one person on here that has never made a mistake or a wrong decision, I would love to meet them..but I am not holding my breath on that note..I want to keep breathing and living!
  • aphroditespalace
    Options
    I havent seen anything negative, I cant imagine why anyone would write anything belitting, how sad. love your post!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully said! I couldn't have said it any better if I tried!!!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    What is the name of this song? I want to download it.

The name of the song is They Don't Understand - Sawyer Brown .. it's beautiful!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ed,
    It is my pleasure and honor to get to know such a kind and thoughtful person like you. I am sorry for the struggles you have gone threw in life, but is sure sounds like you have it together now. Threw God all thinks are possible!

Enjoy your night out with your wife and have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks for encouraging everyone to keep it positive.
  • tosize2
    tosize2 Posts: 32
    Options
    I haven't been on here for very long and haven't seen any attacks or negative posts - but I love a sense of humor with a bit of wit and sarcasm. It's good to be able to laugh at our pain sometimes. I hope this is ok : )
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3<3

Ok, perhaps I'm having a old-ER person moment, but what does this mean??:laugh: :bigsmile:
    Take a look at it sideways and you'll see it's 3 hearts:wink: made on the keyboard.:flowerforyou:

haha, ok, I see it, duh! :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post Ed, thankyou for being so honest and open with all of us, and thankyou for saying exactly what needed to be said. Now everytime I see crabby posts, I'm bumping this uplifting one :)
  • lindalloo
    lindalloo Posts: 47
    Options
    <3<3<3<3

Ok, perhaps I'm having a old-ER person moment, but what does this mean??:laugh: :bigsmile:
    Take a look at it sideways and you'll see it's 3 hearts:wink: made on the keyboard.:flowerforyou:

haha, ok, I see it, duh! :flowerforyou: :blushing:

Alt-3 will do the same thing ~♥
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post Ed, thankyou for being so honest and open with all of us, and thankyou for saying exactly what needed to be said. Now everytime I see crabby posts, I'm bumping this uplifting one :)
    :flowerforyou: What a terrific idea Lauren:heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    People, keep in mind that you can't read "tone" in a post. A person posting :drinker: might be interpreted as :angry: depending who is reading it.

Granted there are many different ways one can lose weight and some people are very passionate that their way is the only way. What are ya gonna do? :huh:

In my time here, I've never seen anyone "attacked" in the Success, Motivation or Fitness threads, but the Chit Chat threads require a little thicker skin. Take it or leave it. (My tone is :flowerforyou: ) :laugh:

Use this site in whichever way helps you achieve your goals, make friends and have fun. :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    People, keep in mind that you can't read "tone" in a post. A person posting :drinker: might be interpreted as :angry: depending who is reading it.

Granted there are many different ways one can lose weight and some people are very passionate that their way is the only way. What are ya gonna do? :huh:

In my time here, I've never seen anyone "attacked" in the Success, Motivation or Fitness threads, but the Chit Chat threads require a little thicker skin. Take it or leave it. (My tone is :flowerforyou: ) :laugh:

Use this site in whichever way helps you achieve your goals, make friends and have fun. :smile:

And you can always ignore those that make you upset!

Kinda like the TV...people complain about a show.......well change the channel.

I feel everyone has a right to their opinion, whether I agree with it or not. Life is not all kittens and butterflies.

Have a great night sis :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

You too, my dear! :smooched:
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options

I feel everyone has a right to their opinion, whether I agree with it or not. Life is not all kittens and butterflies.

I have been in combat miss, trust me I know that life isn't all kittens and butterflies. But we can hand out more sweet tea than lemonade if we chose to. And we can say all the time "ppl just need to have a thicker skin" but what we are really saying is "I like to be ugly and cruel and the world just has to get over it". Won't hurt me but thats a sad way to live.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I have been in combat miss, trust me I know that life isn't all kittens and butterflies. But we can hand out more sweet tea than lemonade if we chose to. And we can say all the time "ppl just need to have a thicker skin" but what we are really saying is "I like to be ugly and cruel and the world just has to get over it". Won't hurt me but thats a sad way to live.

I beg your pardon 'sir' but where in my post was I ugly or cruel? I spend my time on here encouraging others.

Have a nice evening. Congratulations on your weight loss.