soda-yay or nay

Options
124»

Replies

• jcstika
    jcstika Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 trying to cut down on soda. No slip ups yet. I probably wont completly eliminate it but I am trying to get down to a couple a week instead of 1-2 per day like I have been doing. I work night shift and was using the caffeine to stay awake. I have not really missed it so far though. I think it might be more psychlogical than anything.
    I am impressed with all of you that have succeeded in giving it up!
  • hulahooper17
    Options
    I gave up soda for Lent a few years ago and never looked back. I now drink only water and unsweetened tea, and I feel so much better. Doing strictly water forces you to stay well hydrated. Fun fact: being hydrated (8 glasses a day) leads to a 20% energy increase. Soda is just empty calories, diet or regular. Even diet contains artificial sweetener which has been shown to increase sugar cravings. Try cutting back or going cold turkey, you'll be surprised how little you miss it.
  • TheNewBlake
    TheNewBlake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im coming off a soda addiction right now
    iuse to consume 2 double gulps a day of mtn dew
    now i drink a diet mtn dew with some of my meals just so i dont go crazy
    and i drink alot of green tea now with stevia! one of my goals is to give pop up completly
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink soda. I find that I prefer water or green tea. The bubbles in the soda make my teeth feel icky.
  • Raerae1993
    Raerae1993 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of dr.p obsessed. I gave it up for two months and then one day i was eating wings and it tasted wrong without dr.pepper so i got one and it tasted nasty to me. It took me a few of them to finally get used to the taste again. Giving it up is a good idea though, not that its bad for you but you could definitely be drinking or eating something more nutritious and with a lot less sugar haha

good luck(:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    While pop is tasty - I say nay.
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    nay...I never drink soda....but I do have a kombucha addiction....

I am curious as to what kombucha is/means ...
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I love my diet coke and am not giving it up lol
  • barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My mother in law stopped drinking diet coke and lost tons of weight on that alone. I realized that I was craving more sweets when I drank diet coke. So occasionally I will have a regular coke but after you stop it just doesn't taste the same any more. Definitely worth it!!!
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    If you're going to drink soda it is best to drink regular. Our bodies know how to process sugar, but they do not know how to process chemicals. The fake sugars in diet drinks actually increase our appetite...so you usually end up eating more. So for people trying to lose weight this may be counter productive.
    Yet if you can control your cravings a diet drink every once in a while probably isn't too terrible for you

drinking diet soda increases appetite? I've never experienced that and I drink massive amounts of diet coke. In fact, at times, the caff in it tends to cut my appetite. I'm not saying it's good for you, but I disagree that it leads to increased appetite.