When tracking your exercise, do you include the warm up & co

Options
Title pretty much says it all. Do you include the warm up and cool down period when you record the minutes you spent working out?

Thanks!

Replies

• FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't because the intensity level isn't as high. My main exercise right now is the 30 day shred from Jillian Michaels, which has a 4 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down, but it's mostly stretching so I don't count it.

Even when I run, I don't count my warm up walk, only the time I'm actually running because that's when my heart rate is actually up.

But that's just how I do things, you can do it how you want! :D
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yeah, I count the warm up, but not the cool down. My HRM has the option to program a timed warm up and not count it, but I figure why not?
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I don't really do much of a warm up. But since I use a HRM, I start it when I start exercising, so that would include any warm-up period.
  • rpolzin25
    rpolzin25 Posts: 19
    Options
    I count my warm up and cool down as mild stretching.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options

I do the same.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I do the same.

me too!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I don't really do much of a warm up. But since I use a HRM, I start it when I start exercising, so that would include any warm-up period.

I start mine when I open the door to the gym. WHAT??? There are stairs going up to the workout room!! :laugh: