New Borooks Ghost 5 Ruuning Shoes

Options
Got them yesterday- really like them.

BrooksGhost5_zpsf3854c37.png

My goal is to lose 20 more pounds and transition from walking to jogging/running and get back on C25K. My doctor said I had to get down below 300 before I could safely run. With a new gym available at work, I am so on my way. And get this- the building where I work is actually four buildings that make a square ring. The bottom floor has an endless that runs around the building. It is a quarter of a mile for one lap inside the building. Yes, its a big building.

So stoked to start working in my news and my first day at the gym Monday!

Replies

• aeouellette
    Options
    Love getting new gear to get motivated! Sharp looking shoes. :o) Good luck!
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My Ghost 4's have seen me through C25K, many 5k's and a 10k and are still going strong. Great shoe!
  • jabrock9
    Options
    I have those in purple and blue. Love them for running and tabata classes.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    nice looking shoes.

are these motion control/stabilizers?
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Love new running shoes. I actually love Brooks brand too. I so know the stoked feeling new shoes can give you.:heart: ....you will rock them!
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have the Ravennas and love 'em. I like Brooks for their bigger toe boxes, support and most all, comfort.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Nice shoes. I like Brooks. However, I think at your size you need something with more stability. Those are neutral shoes. Normally people who are heavy tend to pronate and need the stability. Brooks Adrenaline might be what you should get.

Did you go to a running store and have them find the best shoe for your gait?
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    I just picked up a pair of Ghost 5's myself! Loving them! The pretty pink/grey ones.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Nice shoes. I like Brooks. However, I think at your size you need something with more stability. Those are neutral shoes. Normally people who are heavy tend to pronate and need the stability. Brooks Adrenaline might be what you should get.

Did you go to a running store and have them find the best shoe for your gait?

I don't pronate, so I'm good there. The running store closest to me was way out of my way, but I am going to go the next time I buy a pair. I wore these yesterday, and I could see huge boost in comfort while walking around in them.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Well, had to trade out my shoes below for these: C10A673A-F706-4136-B10F-69B4A8B7BC60-1032-000000AA442B76A5_zpsa6066ceb.jpg

I had to swap out my Brooks Ghost 5's due to a defective shoe (the inside of the heels were rolling down, giving me heel blisters). Went back to Finish Line, and the customer service was TOP NOTCH. They swapped out my shoes for the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12's in this picture. And they fit my foot and fair even better than the Ghosts did. Finish Line got my business two weeks ago, and they kept my business today because of the way they treated me as a customer. And Yolanda deserves a raise-she was fantastic!
    Got them yesterday- really like them.

BrooksGhost5_zpsf3854c37.png

My goal is to lose 20 more pounds and transition from walking to jogging/running and get back on C25K. My doctor said I had to get down below 300 before I could safely run. With a new gym available at work, I am so on my way. And get this- the building where I work is actually four buildings that make a square ring. The bottom floor has an endless that runs around the building. It is a quarter of a mile for one lap inside the building. Yes, its a big building.

So stoked to start working in my news and my first day at the gym Monday!

I had to swap out my Brooks Ghost 5's due to a defective shoe (the inside of the heels were rolling down, giving me heel blisters). Went back to Finish Line, and the customer service was TOP NOTCH. They swapped out my shoes for the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12's in this picture. And they fit my foot and fair even better than the Ghosts did. Finish Line got my business two weeks ago, and they kept my business today because of the way they treated me as a customer. And Yolanda deserves a raise-she was fantastic!