Losing 30 lbs in 4 months

Options
Hey guys! I'm fairly new here and trying to lose 30lbs since having gained a lot due to stress and work. If anyone has tips or would like to join me just message me! Some motivation is much needed :)

Replies

• TheNewBlake
    TheNewBlake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im not a nutritionist but ive been trying to lose weight for 6 years and have tried alot of diets.
    and what ive come to realize is that nutrition+low calorie+excersize=weight loss
    just remember to not go to low i suggest keep under 2k a day
  • Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @Skinny - you want to lose 30 lbs in 4 months which is crazy but doable. The real question is whether you can handle gaining the weight back in months 5-6? It is fairly easy to lose weight but to keep it off is the trick. You can do very low cal or fasting type diet, lose the weight, have your hair start to fall out, stop your period and other things that you probably would not like to happen. You would hit the magic number but you will not have learned how to eat and balance your calories with your activity level. So in a few months of McDonald's drive thru for 2 or 3 meals per day you will be back on the boards asking why you are having weight issues again. You can look through the forum and you will see people who have lost a lot of weight and are cycling back again for the 4 or 5th time.

A perhaps better option would be to say you wanted to lose 30 pounds in 6 or 7 months. You can track your food and learn about portion control and the nutrient values of the foods you eat. You will also learn what is a reasonable level of activity (exercise) you can do faithfully. Another mistake people do is to go from sitting on the couch to doing 2 hr a day workouts and expect to do that for the rest of their life. Some people do learn to enjoy that level of exercise and the results they see. Others get bored or injured and stop exercising as diligently. Thus the weight comes back

Good luck. When I was 18 I lost a lot of weight (60+) but gained it back. I did it again at 30 and gained it all back. I did it again at 40 and gained it all back and now at 60, I am transforming my lifestyle and in the process have lost about 90 lbs with about 30-40 to go,
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I don't know what weight you are starting at or anything about your age, height or goal weight. What I do know is that the more weight you have to lose, the faster it can come off in the beginning. The last pounds can be tough, really tough.

I suggest is that you figure out the amount of calories you will need to eat for the weight you want to be, and just do that. Add in as much exercise as you can handle. That way, when you get where you are going, you won't have to change anything.

BTW - I lost an average of 4.44 pounds a week when I started.
  • sittinggirl
    Options
    I just signed up to myfitnesspal a couple of days ago. Already I have more energy and never thought that I had that inner endurance ...i am certainly surprising myself...keep your mind set...you can do it..I am sitting all day at work and now I look forward to exercising at night...I don't feel as hungry or tired...and being such a chubby lady, I need to do this!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Why the rush? IMO setting yourself up with a time frame like that is a recipe for disappointment. If 30 lbs is all you have to lose, I'd recommend setting MFP to lose 1 lb per week. Meet your calorie goal, get some exercise, and be patient. Don't put so much pressure on yourself.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds in less than 3 months, so it's doable. The first two weeks were FAR easier than the rest. It was hard to coming to terms with 2 pounds a week after half-a-pound a day at the beginning.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds in less than 3 months, so it's doable. The first two weeks were FAR easier than the rest. It was hard to coming to terms with 2 pounds a week after half-a-pound a day at the beginning.

It's doable if you have a lot to lose, but the less you have to lose the slower you should go to avoid muscle loss.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    My 23 lb is from 2 months. I started from 175. I am completely sedentary, eat 1200 calories and make sure I get a lot of rest and no exercise. If you want to exercise and your lifestyle is not completely sedentary you will need to take a different approach.

Once my BMI is down to 25 I am planning to switch to 1500 calories and an intensive workout. This will switch my weight loss to a slower pace but give me a healthier heart, better mood (exercise!), and from what I see on MFP, a much more reliable and steady weight management style in the end.

At least I hope.
    :)
  • loseweightIhope
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 20-25 pounds. I have already lost some weight by eating a low calorie, healthy diet. I am trying to stay away from anything processed. I am feeling a lot better. I am hoping by May I am down to my goal weight. I am only going to do low impact exercise while on the low calorie. Once I hit the point where I see that my body is struggling to lose weight from low calorie, I will up my calories by 200, and do more exercise. I think 30 lbs is something that can be done, as long as you have the will power, and determination.