Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So, I got 2 days into The Shred: Take 1 Million, and hurt myself AGAIN!!! It's not the movements or the workout itself I struggle with, but the super-quick (and potentially unsafe) changeovers... It felt fine while I was doing it -- great even -- but I woke up the next day with a hopelessly tweaked lower back.

I'm going to keep going with this program, but no more trying to break the speed of light getting my *kitten* up off the floor from chest y's to do lateral squats with arm raises! I might miss out on a set or two, but I *just might* be able to go through the rest of the program without any more injuries.

Seriously, peeps; take your time getting up and down, especially while clutching free weights :)
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I started level two yesterday. It feels like a much stronger workout than level one. I was definitely sweating more! No extra soreness today, though.
  • mfaine
    mfaine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So, I got 2 days into The Shred: Take 1 Million, and hurt myself AGAIN!!! It's not the movements or the workout itself I struggle with, but the super-quick (and potentially unsafe) changeovers... It felt fine while I was doing it -- great even -- but I woke up the next day with a hopelessly tweaked lower back.

I'm going to keep going with this program, but no more trying to break the speed of light getting my *kitten* up off the floor from chest y's to do lateral squats with arm raises! I might miss out on a set or two, but I *just might* be able to go through the rest of the program without any more injuries.

Seriously, peeps; take your time getting up and down, especially while clutching free weights :)

Agreed, I feel she really rushes through the stretching, especially at the end. Also, sometimes she just jumps right into the next exercise and other times she will pause for a few seconds. It is not at all consistent.
  • jessclutter79
    jessclutter79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started it today- actually loved every minute of it. Take measurments before :)
  • jessclutter79
    jessclutter79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I log mine as circuit training. It shows that 20 minutes burns about 220 cal. :happy:
  • sa8363
    sa8363 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So are you saying you did this EVERY day with no rest days? I have this work out too and I love it!! If it came with instructions on which days to work out or how long to do each level I lost them. I like to do 2 levels a day and make close to an hour. My fear is OVER doing it...but i WANT to so....I am just curious if you do it every day...??? I suppose its called "30 Day Shred" because you do it for 30 days straight...duh lol.

Also, which exercise do you choose when you log it?? Thanks :)
  • Claudia88A
    Claudia88A Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I started the shred today! I have actually tried it a few times, so know that it's a good workout and I love Jilllian, but never made it to the end of level 3. Last time I got to the end of level 2 so hoping this time, as we are all in it together, I can go the whole way!
    Gonna take pics and measurements as well so I can track progress.
    Good luck everyone :)
  • Arlettega
    Options
    where can I find that 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels. My sister in law told me there is one on you tube.
  • xxMoonRiverxx
    Options
    If you have a walmart near you, you can buy it there. under 10 bucks!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I finished day 12 (level 2) today. I like level 2 better than level one. I hate those v-fly squat things because it KILLS my arms and I think I grunt louder than when I had a baby without drugs but whatever. HAHA I can see a difference in my upper back. I didn't take any before pics but I kind of wish I did now. Oh well. I have gained 2 pounds (I was 2 below goal anyways) but my clothes fit the same so I am not going to freak about it. I usually do 30 mins of cardio as well (running or walking with my dog.) I do 1550 cal a day (net) for "maintenance."

I got it on Amazon for like $9 bucks (free shipping if you have Amazon prime.)

I log it as 20 mins of circuit training and it tells me 157 calories. I don't have a HRM.
  • mfaine
    mfaine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Desiree, unless you are in ridiculously good shape and/or cheat a lot I know it is more than that. My HRM always comes out at about 250-290 calories for around 28 minutes. On level one, for the first few days it broke 300 but that was probably because I was so out of shape.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    MFP was giving me 299 calories burned but I just got my HRM a few days ago and it calculates between 150-180 for 25 mins.
  • willtrainforchocolate
    Options
    Is this available as an app or on DVD?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Is this available as an app or on DVD?

It's free on Youtube, that's how I do it, I just watch it from my pc.
  • willtrainforchocolate
    Options
    Awesome, thanks a lot!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Desiree, unless you are in ridiculously good shape and/or cheat a lot I know it is more than that. My HRM always comes out at about 250-290 calories for around 28 minutes. On level one, for the first few days it broke 300 but that was probably because I was so out of shape.

It would be helpful to include your weight when you give that number cause folks who are heavier and older will burn a lot more than someone who is lighter and younger.

Personally, I would go with the Curves Circuit Training on here to log 30DS if you don't have a HRM.. the "Circuit Training general" gives way too much of a burn.

At 171 lbs, for Curves Circuit Training I get a burn of 152 for 24 minutes. If I logged it as Circuit training general, it would be about 250 for the same amount of time. Big difference.
  • sophi135
    sophi135 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey i've just completed day 1 of level 3. It is a really good workout and Jillian is a really good motivator which makes me keep going and doing it every time. It is the best workout dvd that I have come across without getting bored. I actually found level 3 easier than level 2 if that helps. Good luck!

Sophie
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

For level one I was burning around 150-170. I average around 200 for level 2. It really just depends on a lot of things.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I start level 2 today! I'm pretty excited! I hear it's tougher than the first.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Dixie, thanks for that info! I'm going to try that once and see if it's closer to what my HRM says because until a few days ago I didn't have my HRM yet and MFP was giving me 299 calories burned for 25 mins. and my HRM gives me 150-180.