please, be honest without being mean

Options
anti-cellulite shorts..anyone tried them ? what happened ? did you notice a difference, and if so, in how long ? anything you can say about them ONLY IF you have tried them..thanks

Replies

• LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    Girly I wish you luck with those kind of things. I wish I could say I've bought into those things and then I wish they'd actually work.... hard work is your best friend not shorts
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    just wondering if its worth it..i do work hard, and my body is rebelling tho:sad:
  • I have a pair of neoprene capris that I bought for stretching (training contortion!) It says they re meant to reduce cellulite, but to be honest I can't say I've seen a change, at least nothing more than generally losing butt weight wouldn't explain just as well. But I haven't worn them much for exercising, mainly because they make me sweat SOOO MUCH! It's really really gross wearing them for longer than an hour or so!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is dimpled fat. Decrease your fat, and your cellulite will go down. Some people are going to have it no matter what, though. I was 5'6" and 145 pounds in high school, did weight training 4x per week, and ran 3x per week. I still had cellulite on my thighs. It wasn't as bad as it is now, of course, but it was there.

The shorts are a gimmick. Save your money. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Genetics rule here. If you have cellulite issues, then you get to blame your parents. There some ways to help reduce them visually, but they are short temporary fixes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My mother has tried every gimmick known to man, including these shorts.

They don't work. The only thing that works is strengthening your legs, building the muscle and watching the fat reduce.

That's what I'm doing now. I may always have cellulite, but it's less now than it was 6 months ago, from hard work.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Genetics rule here. If you have cellulite issues, then you get to blame your parents. There some ways to help reduce them visually, but they are short temporary fixes.

IDEA Fitness member

Rats! :mad:
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

This exactly.

There are some things that you cannot blame your parents on (i.e. being overweight...), however every instance I've ever seen of cellulite is usually a genetic thing. :( Even some of the fittest people will have it unfortunately. My mom and grandma both have it on their thighs and they exercise ALL THE TIME.

So far mine is very minimal. I mainly saw it show up when I gained 20 lbs but now that I'm losing I notice it diminshing. HOWEVER I won't be surprised if its something I battle when I'm much older!

Something I CAN say might help... try either the cellulite or tightening lotions at the store. Even if they don't get rid of it, at least you're still moisturizing. :P Also... ever noticed how the appearance of a tan helps people look more toned? Maybe get some tanning lotion and apply it on your legs, etc... it might help!

EDITED TO ADD... haven't tried the shorts so no comment on those- sorry!
  • erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Creams that claim to reduce cellulite can have a *temporary* effect because they contain caffeine. You can get the same temporary effect by using coffee grinds in the shower as a scrub (great way to reuse grinds).
    I have found dry brushing has thickened the skin on my legs and makes cellulite less noticeable. I also think daily inversion help to move the lympth.

Have not tried the shorts... but remember the shoes that claimed to do that? I paid alot of money for MBT shoes. They looked horrible and did absolutely nothing!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Hey, I guess I didn't get totally genetically shafted then! :laugh:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I tried them and they didnt do anything for me. Wore them for years, only made that gross sweat and the sweat didnt even do squat for more years. My mom had severe cellulite so I blame her for my more than moderate but not severe. she was skinny. So was I. But when i put on an extra 50 is when i developed it. Lost 26 but didnt lose any cellulite. So I just dont wear shorts as much as i love them, unless i have on panty hose and who wants to be bothered with those in summer?
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned the MBT shoes - they saved my life. I developed ball of foot pain and heel spurs and could not walk in regular shoes. Kept buying thick sole shoes to keep my tender feet off the pavement but until I discovered MBT, nothing helped. I was able to go for walks again. I bought a pair every year, now those Bas***ds have gone bankrupt. At least I have one pair left.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i doubt anyone that posted will re-read this, but thanks everyone ! i just wanted something to work so badly. i didnt even want it for a permanent fix..my 10 year anniversary is coming up, and i just wanted to look and feel better about it for that weekend :wink:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    i doubt anyone that posted will re-read this, but thanks everyone ! i just wanted something to work so badly. i didnt even want it for a permanent fix..my 10 year anniversary is coming up, and i just wanted to look and feel better about it for that weekend :wink:

Spanx?