Brazilian Laser Hair Removal - should I ?!

Options
TeenaMarina
TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
Groupon has a deal today where I live for six Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Sessions: $1236 value, discounted 88% to $149. Has anyone ever done anything like this? Is that a good deal? Are six sessions enough? Does it hurt? Would love to hear your feedback, thank you!

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful about getting laser from groupon... I did it, and when I went for my consultation was told that I'd need at LEAST 6 sessions but not to worry! I could purchase another 6 sessions for the groupon rate as long as I did it there and then, or at my first treatment -.-

I said I had a bad reaction to the patch test, and got my money back, I could buy an IPL machine for only an extra 50pounds plus the cost of those 12 (groupon priced) sessions!
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    BUMP... i am curious!
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm currently getting laser hair removal on my face and it HURTS! I have a really low tolerance for pain though...I don't know if I could do the brazilian!! I have friends who talked about getting it done after seeing similar groupon offers, but they backed out at the last minute.

$149 is a pretty awesome deal though, and I can't imagine that you would need more than 6 sessions. Eventually though, you'll probably need to go in for maintenance sessions.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a great deal! If you get it let me know how it goes.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Maintenance sessions?! Meaning it's not permanent hair removal?!
  • veggievixen
    veggievixen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would check any Yelp or other reviews for the place, and their better business bureau rating first. You could also call them and ask to speak to the technician or doctor before buying the Groupon.

I found this article helpful.

http://beauty.about.com/od/laserhairremoval/a/laserfacts.htm
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Oh my friend did that...also from Groupon..and said hurts like a crazy MOFO...
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    You have to be incredibly careful about where you get it done. You don't want to get any nasty burns! Just do your research before you make the purchase.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My sister had her underarms and bikini area done and loves the results. She says it hurts a bit for a few hours and then it's fine and it hurts less at every session. She has to do maintenance sessions occasionally to maintain the results. I'll be doing it when I reach my goal weight. I'm willing to deal with some pain if it means I don't have to shave.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    Maintenance sessions?! Meaning it's not permanent hair removal?!

Hair grows in different cycles. The laser will only remove the active hair growth, but you may still have other hair follicles that are dormant. Everybody is different...some people only need one treatment, other people need 4-6.
  • cookiepaws
    cookiepaws Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is a really old topic, just wondering if you went ahead with it and what the results were. I had my underarms done 8 or so years ago and just started brazilian hair removal. It wasn't even close to what i thought it would be as far as pain, nothing at all really. Not like 8 or so years ago which was crazy painful but I guess lasers have come a long way in 10 years. Also, I always make sure they use actual lasers not IPL.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    cookiepaws wrote: »
    This is a really old topic, just wondering if you went ahead with it and what the results were. I had my underarms done 8 or so years ago and just started brazilian hair removal. It wasn't even close to what i thought it would be as far as pain, nothing at all really. Not like 8 or so years ago which was crazy painful but I guess lasers have come a long way in 10 years. Also, I always make sure they use actual lasers not IPL.

I never did it!
  • salstg
    salstg Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I heard it grows back after a while.