What are your NET calories for the day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jess6385
    Jess6385 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sorry for sounding dumb but what's insanity?!

Not dumb at all =)

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Op, just use this link to figure out your calorie. And then set your macro's at the Beachbody default of 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fats.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs

Thank you! This was helpful... it gave me 1916

Set that for your total calories with the macro's I posted and don't worry about net calories. The deficit is baked in over the week.
  • Jess6385
    Options
    Op, just use this link to figure out your calorie. And then set your macro's at the Beachbody default of 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fats.

Set that for your total calories with the macro's I posted and don't worry about net calories. The deficit is baked in over the week.

So do not plug in my exercise calories correct? Just stick with these number?
  • melcookson
    melcookson Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow looks hardcore!
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing new rules of lifting for women (week 3) 3 times a week, and then cardio 1-3 times a week (sometimes I do it at the same time like i'll do cardio then lift), I have it set to 1600 an I usually net around 1600 too, sometimes more 1500, I use a polar HRM for calories burned. i have seen great results oh and im 5'6" ish
  • Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mine are all over the place but average between 2000-2500 per day. And that's with approx 500 cal/day of exercise. I have lost about 10 pounds over the last 3 months. Not setting any records for sure lol
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    1464 today. I don't weigh much and my TDEE is around 1500. In maintenance mode now.
  • Jess6385
    Options
    I'm currently doing new rules of lifting for women (week 3) 3 times a week, and then cardio 1-3 times a week (sometimes I do it at the same time like i'll do cardio then lift), I have it set to 1600 an I usually net around 1600 too, sometimes more 1500, I use a polar HRM for calories burned. i have seen great results oh and im 5'6" ish

Awesome ... thank you. It sounds like that is right where I need to be as well!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Today: 1329

Goal Daily: 1500
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1400-1600 per day net
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

My turn for a question: what is polar HRM?

It's so important to eat enough! It's challenging to do for me because I feel/hear the messages in the world urging me to starve myself to lose weight... only that doesn't actually work long-term.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options

My turn for a question: what is polar HRM?

It's so important to eat enough! It's challenging to do for me because I feel/hear the messages in the world urging me to starve myself to lose weight... only that doesn't actually work long-term.

It is a heart rate monitor used to track calories burned doing cardiovascular workouts.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Last.few times I logged.it was 1000-1100. Didn't lost any weight or feel like I was until I eased up on my work outs and netted closer to 1500-1600
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

So do not plug in my exercise calories correct? Just stick with these number?

Correct.. these are total calories not net calories. That is the way beach body designed their calorie calculator. Its a different set up than mfp.
  • idaholawchick
    idaholawchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My net is 1300 and I usually eat between 1600 & 1800.