Shift workers

Options
Hi everyone,

I am 29 years old and work full time shift work. Looking for friends who have similar lifestyles for added motivation on the long night shifts.

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I start overnights next week. Was a second shift worker. But overnights will not require a baby sitter :D So add me if you're looking for an overnighter.
  • tommac96
    Options
    I too work shift. 12 hours. Day and night....
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    12 hr rotating shift worker here. It can get tough trying to balance meals and exercise but if there a will there a way I look at it.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that... will be doing it again.
  • jcstika
    jcstika Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour nights. I sit in front of a computer all night. That doesnt burn many calories. I am trying to get in the habit of walking on my breaks, but usually just end up sitting in the break room.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour nights. I sit in front of a computer all night. That doesnt burn many calories. I am trying to get in the habit of walking on my breaks, but usually just end up sitting in the break room.

I sit in front of a computer too! You should youtube some office workouts or chair workouts that you can do discretely. Its helped me although I'm not burning 100's of calories I'm still moving.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys- you should all check out the Official Nighshift Thread! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/880979-official-nightshift-thread?page=19#posts-13519831 We all pretty much work shift on there and they're a great group of people. Come hang!
  • KrisHar666
    KrisHar666 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kris I live in the UK I'm 29 and work 10 hour night shifts. Your more than welcome to add me.
  • jamerleigh
    jamerleigh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here. 12 hour rotating shift work. Balancing meals is tough
  • kellygardner37604
    Options
    I just signed up tonight. I work the third shift 10 pm to 7 am then go home to my 3 boys ages 3.5, 2, and nearly 4 months. Sleep is not something that is regular for me and because of that my motivation doesn't always hold strong. My husband and I are not planning on more children so I really want to get serious about getting down to a healthier weight. As a teen I had a lot a knee problems so high impact activities are
    not much of an option. I'm trying to find things I can do at home. I'd love the support of others who can relate.
  • jcstika
    jcstika Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea. I get up an stretch once in a while, but it would be nice to do more. I'll see what I can find!
  • mikeyd1219
    Options
    I also do shift work. Its called continuous. It can be frustrating trying to plan meals and exercise.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys- you should all check out the Official Nighshift Thread! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/880979-official-nightshift-thread?page=19#posts-13519831 We all pretty much work shift on there and they're a great group of people. Come hang!

HAHA, Julie beat me to it, there are a bunch of us shift workers hanging out here and it is a good place to ask anything
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    I work 12-hour night shifts. I would love to have some friends in a similar boat!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Night shifter here. Friend requet sent!