TMI, but girly time of the month

Options
2»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's related but when my wife's TOM comes, I sob uncontrollably and eat more ice cream. I think our hormones are in sync.

Is it because she yells at you? :flowerforyou:
  • zilea
    zilea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you guys gain during your cycle each month? After going off of birth control a little over a year ago, I have had to readjust to everything hormonally, including what seems to be a 4-5 pound weight gain during that time of the month. It drops right off after, but it feels terrible to have during (especially on top of everything else). Evening primrose oil has been helping me a bit, but any other tips?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's related but when my wife's TOM comes, I sob uncontrollably and eat more ice cream. I think our hormones are in sync.

Is it because she yells at you? :flowerforyou:

*snort*
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm a 41 year old man, and I know the answer to that question.

I'm surprised that as a 39 year old woman, you don't.

When you grow a uterus and some ovaries maybe then you could make a witty remark.

What an odd response.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    This is a very important time. I always have a stash of red wine, chocolate and sometimes potato chips ( for emergency use only) ready for the occasion .
  • mmddwechanged
    Options

Ice cream is good too, but this behavior is only acceptable if you save her some.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you guys gain during your cycle each month? After going off of birth control a little over a year ago, I have had to readjust to everything hormonally, including what seems to be a 4-5 pound weight gain during that time of the month. It drops right off after, but it feels terrible to have during (especially on top of everything else). Evening primrose oil has been helping me a bit, but any other tips?

Yes, if this bothers you, I suggest that you not weight yourself at that time. I don't know if I gain weight at that time because I see no reason to weigh myself then. If it drops off again, there is no issue.
  • mmddwechanged
    Options

When you grow a uterus and some ovaries maybe then you could make a witty remark.

Well said!
  • TattedCharli
    TattedCharli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    YES! The week before I am starving, retaining water so I stay off the scale, and have no energy which makes it a struggle to workout. Just get some Midol and push through it the best you can.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Nope I am in complete control.... Where is my chocolate?.... Who ate my chocolate? GRRR! Somebody had better get Me MORE CHOCOLATE!!!!! RAWR!!!! MOMMA WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Well said!

I never understand the reasoning behind this type of statement. If a man knows the answer why shouldn't he comment? Women comment all the time on topics meant for men and no one complains.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Well said!

Why do you think so? I am not being antagonistic. I just thought it was a strange thing to say and I am curious to know why you think otherwise.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

citizen-kane-clapping.jpg

Yeah ever.single.month.

And can we all just say period or menses or cycle?
  • lorgrayson
    lorgrayson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have gone over my calories since 3 days before my period. I also crave steak during.
  • GymBeast2
    Options

I know the answers, sir. My thoughts were if there were other women who go through the same thing and maybe they aren't like I am. Not afraid to ask any question. I'm sure not all the ladies on here are as wise as we are. LOL, not old, but wise.

Glad to see you took the time to get my age, but you got it wrong. I'm 21 with 18 years experience....

Thank you!
  • GymBeast2
    Options

Well said!

I never understand the reasoning behind this type of statement. If a man knows the answer why shouldn't he comment? Women comment all the time on topics meant for men and no one complains.

He can comment. Anyone can, but I honestly felt this gentleman was being rude when I read it. Maybe I read it wrong, but it looked like a putdown.
  • brownvs
    brownvs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hm...I actually get really nauseous and have a lot of abdominal pain on my period. When I was in college, the pain used to be so bad, I would vomit unless I could find a cool area to lie down (for some reason, getting myself as cold as possible is the quickest and most effective way to control the pain/cramps/discomfort).

If I eat more when I'm in pain, the situation only gets worse :-/

I think I maybe gain about a pound or so of water weight just *before* my period, but I usually make up for it by losing more than a pound afterwards.

But the abdominal pain during my period is generally better when I'm at a lower weight overall (and yes I've seen doctors about this).