Dinner Invitation to The Melting Pot.....

Options
edavoll
edavoll Posts: 29 Member
Last week I told a friend that my boyfriend and I would go out to dinner with her this weekend (tonight).

I just got the text that we are going to The Melting Pot for dinner. I just started P90X and I don't want to be rude and not eat or decline the invite but...

WHAT DO I DO? Order the chicken breast, cook it in veggie broth and just have the vegetables?

Anxious....

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Maybe make this your off day?
    I always take one day a week off from eating well just to change things up.

If that's not an option, eat healthy at the restaurant I guess.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I have never been there myself but from what I've heard.. if your going to go it should kind of be an indulgent night mainly because its so expensive, I think at least 40 dollars a person so I would find out if its cheaper to just do chicken (I think you have to choose all meat though) and vegetables... if you have the pay the full price I'd say just enjoy a little bit but really watch your portions, get an extra workout in if you can too, good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • twoes
    twoes Posts: 30
    Options
    If you are trying to make a lifestyle change, there will always be events, restaurants, and invites. Just make good choices whenever these come up, and try to get a good work out in to combat those yummy calories! Everything will always be ok in moderation. Don't stop having fun just because you are trying to lose weight!! Oh- and have so peanut butter fondue for me! YUM! :flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    You should be fine with the melting pot just don't gorge on things. Its fondu so usually the table orders and you can pick the type of meat and they always have veggies that you can eat with out the cheese sauce. I would indugle in the dessert and take it easy on the main course but that is me and my love of chocolate.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The nice thing is, since it is fondue, you have to cook each bite separately, so it takes a little longer and you can eat more consciously. That being said, it is THE MELTING POT. So, enjoy what you are paying for, enjoy the food, and enjoy the experience--you can always work out a little more before or after. Life happens. :-)
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My husband and I take 1 meal, 1day a week and eat what we want.. It doesnt hurt us and we really do make better choices then we used to.. It also makes us look forward to something and we usually go out to eat so now we have a date too!! Enjoy with no quilt as yes this is what we will go thru all our lives.. Goodluck.. Can you please tell me what is P90x?? I see it alot and do not know what it is.. Thanks Kathy
  • edavoll
    edavoll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My husband and I take 1 meal, 1day a week and eat what we want.. It doesnt hurt us and we really do make better choices then we used to.. It also makes us look forward to something and we usually go out to eat so now we have a date too!! Enjoy with no quilt as yes this is what we will go thru all our lives.. Goodluck.. Can you please tell me what is P90x?? I see it alot and do not know what it is.. Thanks Kathy

www.beachbody.com