• Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like Asian lettuce wraps like PF Changs.. here is a good recipe
    http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2012/03/asian-lettuce-cups.html
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm new to MFP.... and was wondering, will you share your tuna salad recipe please? thanks!

I mix tuna with light mayo, mustard, onion and sometimes pickle (dill) relish... It's awesome in lettace wraps!
  • Imgoing2makeit
    Options
    Nice options! Im going to try several!
  • katie_fitzy
    katie_fitzy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I take 2 romaine lettuce leaves. Then I lay a couple of thin slices of some good deli turkey on one of the leaves in the shallow depression of the leaf. Lay some sliced red pepper strips over the turkey. On the other lettuce leaf I spread a tbsp of garlic or red pepper hummus. I lay that leaf ontop of the one with the turkey and kind of squish it together, Amazingly filling. 2 of these are around 150 cal. Hope you like it.
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    I need to learn this!! bump
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I saute finely chopped water chestnuts and mushrooms, and then add chopped grilled chicken breast for my base. My 2 favorite sauces are Kikkoman Spicy Miso, which is one of their teriyaki takumi sauces. Then top with fresh chopped green onion. Or, I put on a thai peanut sauce, squeeze on on fresh lime juice and sprinkle with a little fresh chopped cilantro and chow mein noodles. It's my favorite meal!!!

Also, the best lettuce wrap lettuce is butter leaf! It makes perfect wrap cups. A small head of iceburg that does not feel too firm also works well if butter leaf is out of season.
  • jharron
    jharron Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have a craving for a lettuce wrap with turkey and salsa... Mmm.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    saute ground chicken breast add fresh ginger grated, five spice powder, lime juice, lemongrass, some grated carrot and one bag coleslaw mix (shredded cqabbage) I like to stuff butter leaves, you can use any you like oh and some soy sauce
  • wants2lift
    wants2lift Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Put whatever you'd usually put between two buns in between the lettuce wraps. Meat, cheese. Whatever.

I know, I know: I'm the next Gordon freaking Ramsy. Say no more,
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I don't get the deal with wrapping with lettuce. I LOVE it but I can't ever get a good wrap on. I've tried so many different kinds of lettuce. What am I doing wrong?!

I use Boston lettuce leaves. They seem to hold up better when wrapping.

Ditto
  • Spamcat
    Options
    Bump
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks All
  • caitlynah12
    Options
    bump :)
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i love romaine leaves with cut tomatoes yellow or orange pepper and avocado rolled up. Yummy

Bump :)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here! Bumping to save!