Kashi GoLean Crunch - Worth the Price of Admission?

Options
1 Cup (65g)

Calories 240
Calories from Fat 35

Protein 11g
Carbs 47g
sugars 16g
Total Fat 3.5g

Thoughts?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I love cereal but I almost never eat it because of the calories. It's so hard to believe once you see an actual serving size.

As for whether it's worth it that's a question to ask yourself. If it fits into your goals and you enjoy it enough to spend the calories on it then I suppose it is.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Not for me since I will polish off an entire box of cereal in a day! If you have more self control than I then go for it. Warning - Kashi Go Lean Crunch is not the tastiest cereal out there. :)
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    Too much sugar for me. I like to keep added sugar under 5 grams at most. 1-2 grams is more up my alley.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it as a breakfast food, but as an evening snack when I have the extra calories. In Canada, the box says 56gms is 210 calories. Sometimes I only have half a serving, but it satisfies the crunch and sweet thing and provided some nutrition.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    when I used to eat cereal, I loved it. I'm with SJ46 though, too hard for me to control my portions with cereal so I had to give it up.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Cereal doesn't seem to satisfy me. I'd rather eat Better Oats oatmeal for 100 cals and it seems to stay with me longer. I'm also a fan of just a hardboiled egg and a cheese stick like Borden or Sargento for breakfast (roughly 170 cals) which is also more protein/satisfying.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I tried Kashi once. It was good until I found a hair baked into one of the clusters. That was enough for me to throw it away, and say never again. I realize that this could happen to any food product, but once it's happened to to me with a certain food item I won't eat it ever again.
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I add 1/2 cup (1/2 serving) to my Greek yogurt. Great combo and keeps me filled up longer.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I love Go Lean Crunch. I don't have it often, but I enjoy it.
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I prefer the original Kashi Go Lean - more protein for fewer calories! 1 cup is 140 calories. I eat it dry as an afternoon snack, or with milk for breakfast.

http://www.kashi.com/products/nutrition_info/golean_original
    http://www.kashi.com/products/golean_original
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    No I would rather have oats 120 calories1tbs Peanut butter100 and strawberries cup 50.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Since most Kashi products taaste like cardboard IMO and contain GMO ingredients, no. Plus its expensive. So really no.
  • dallas4u
    Options
    Whenever I buy cereal, I buy it in premeasured cups. Otherwise, I simply cannot keep it in my house. My favorite cereal is Special K -- Red Berries. It is higher in calories but since it is in a premeasured cup - I do okay. I vary with what I eat and try not to restrict myself too hard or I will feel deprived. I workout 1.5 hours a day so haven't totally eliminated cereal.

I do know that GoLean does sell their cereals in premeasured cups.
  • Shirleyanddansmom
    Options
    Once you add fresh fruit and low fat milk its a complete meal with clean ingredients. That's the key with Kashi brand stuff, the fact that there is no crappy corn syrup, over processed carbs or trans fats. And the protein amount is substantial. So it depends on how you split up your calories for your meals I guess.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I say yes. If you like it and a bowl is enough for you.

I usually have 1/4 cup in my greek yogurt with cinnamon

It doesn't matter what I think though... what do you think is the real question?

Why wouldn't you eat/buy it? If you don't like the price, then don't do it.
  • SNYPorter
    SNYPorter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    what is sjr6? I have problems with serving size on cereal too. It helps me to have some turkey bacon with and then i' m more satisfied
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Since most Kashi products taaste like cardboard IMO and contain GMO ingredients, no. Plus its expensive. So really no.

That doesn't bother me at all considering GMO means "round up ready" for soybeans. BFD to me.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kashi and eat it every morning along with a scoop of vanilla protein powder added to the milk :) yummy!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Thoughts?

Better than Lucky Charms or Fruit Loops other somesuch candy calling itself "cereal"?

Kashi is too cardboard-ish for my personal taste. But if you like it, why not? I prefer warm cereal, myself (such as oatmeal). Having said that, I will have the occasional Mini-Wheats. To each their own. :smile:
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean. I love taste. I usually buy it when it is on sale. I will either have it with almond milk or honey vanilla greek yogurt.