Tired of being a fat mom

Options
Four girls and one divorce later, I'm 40lbs over where I need to be. I feel like many aspects of my live have been out of my control (husband's affair and now no child support and no full-time job myself). I've turned to eating and am too tired to exercise. So as I look at each component of my life, I'm trying to gain control, one thing at a time. Right now, I'm going to focus on loosing that 40 extra lbs. I have to do this, I have to gain back the portons of my life I can control, and the weight is one. Here I go.

Replies

• Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    Good for you! Welcome to MFP!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Yay for you!
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this. It'll feel great.
    Just go for a walk today...it all begins with that first step, and you've already taken it. Go you!
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    Welcome!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place hun!!! We are here to support you every step of the way! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • rrnbsn0724
    rrnbsn0724 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm tired of being a fat mom too! I have an 8 year old daughter that is very active and 2 step-grandchildren that are 16 months and 9 months. Hard to take care of them when you yourself have no energy. You can do this. Last year at this time I was 20 lbs lighter. I had started Weight Watchers in November of 2008 and lost almost 40 lbs. Slowly, started gaining it back over the last year. I knew I needed to do something when my shorts didn't fit me from last summer. I also knew that I needed a cheaper way to go about it and found MFP by a recommendation. You can do this, if I can do this. Let's all work together and support each other because Lord knows, I need support from people! My goal is 150 lbs but even if I make down to 170, I will be a skinnier me.:wink: