need low intensity dvd that gives significant results

Options
I hurt my knee with insanity so I can not handle high intensity but I do want. To do workout DVDs that will have a significant impact on my body. I want to use the DVD but also get on my Treadmill and kind of setup a combo idea. Please show pics so i can see the results the DVD had for you. Thanks!!!!

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    slim in 6 is low intensity...
  • bzeisig
    bzeisig Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really like Leslie Sansone--- Walk Away the Pounds!!! I hurt my knees doing slim in 6 about 3 years ago and just got back into exercising again.

There are many different videos and she goes from 1 to 5 mile workouts. They can include strength training as well. She has been a wellness instructor for over 25 years.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I do low intensity (heart balks at me) I do,yoga, Pilates, and Bodyweight exercises.
  • Chris3654
    Chris3654 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also use Leslie Sansone! The walking is easy but I really feel it especially if I use hand weights!!!

Chris
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Xtend Barre is non-impact but burns a lot of calories! Combine that with a healthy balanced diet (which will honestly make more of a difference that working out will) and you should definitely see results.
  • stinabeastie
    stinabeastie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've also got the Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds; it combines a basic march-in-place type step with a bit of aerobics moves.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have a bad knee and I've tried Insanity numerous times and I've always injured myself more.
    So I started doing ChaLEAN extreme and I absolutely love it!
    You might give that a try!
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone too. Highly recommended.
  • LatoshaOnTheJourney
    Options
    What is xtend barre
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have cranky knees too.

I'm doing the Firm for higher intensity and Yoga for Weight Loss (about $10 on amazon.com) for low intensity
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    What is xtend barre

barre has a lot of ballet & pilates type moves, xtend barre still has the ballet & pilates type moves but adds a non-impact cardio element to it. the dvd i have is called "xtend barre lean & chiseled with andrea rogers". i got it on amazon.com for less than $20. you might also try kickboxing-burns a ton of calories & its a great way to get out frustration. when i first started getting back in shape, i would go through the different workouts on the cable on demand sport & fitness section. hope this helps!
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Are any of Jillian Micheal's dvds too high impact? I've not done insanity (yet!) so I'm not sure how they compare at all. But, I really loved doing 30 day shred and saw awesome results on the scale & in inches lost. I'm doing Ripped in 30 right now & am liking it, too. If her dvds are ok for you, I'd check them out!
  • LatoshaOnTheJourney
    Options
    Is there any workouts like 30 day sred that aren't so hard on the knees? I want those kind of results
  • I was concerned with the impact of 30-day shred because I have a bad ankle. I bough1.5 inch thick mat (Cap Barbel -ebay) thinking that that will absorb some of the jumping shock. I haven't used it yet but plan on doing it Monday. I'll check back and let you know how it goes.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I love barre workouts. There are so many out there like Fluidity, Bar Method, The Dailey Method, Xtend, etc. They are low impact, and I burn between 200 and 300 calories for an hour workout that is also strengthening me. I have lost a couple of inches in my waist and my arms and legs are starting to become defined.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Is there any workouts like 30 day sred that aren't so hard on the knees? I want those kind of results

slim in 6
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is a little dated but .....billy blanks tae bo amped - i found it challenging and not very hard on the knees
  • pandagirlshonerd
    pandagirlshonerd Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've found pilates to be low intensity but has a good effect :)
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Pump works for me...I did Insanity last winter and Les Mills is much easier on the knees.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!