Others Like Me (Young and with A LOT to Lose)

Options

Replies

• Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    I just turned 25 and am currently 287. Got lots to lose!! I go to the gym everyday and also log everyday. Always looking for new friends :)
  • vikktoriag
    Options
    Hello! I'm 18 and currently 234 pounds. My Ultimate goal is 160. :) I've actually have lost 12 pounds so far, and started using Myfitnesspal 4 pounds ago. I'm a dancer, so I love to do Zumba, and I hope it can help with the journey. :)
  • shirefeathers
    Options
    Hi! I've sent you a friend request :)
    I'm 20, and I've got 89 pounds to go on my goal of losing 100 pounds. My story is pretty similar to yours. I've been overweight pretty much my whole life, and it was realizing how heavy I had gotten last year that finally got me to make a change.
  • chelseawill03
    chelseawill03 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request!

I'm 24, and need to lose a total of 150 lbs (scary!!!!) I'm on everyday also, I need some active friends to keep me motivated :)

I totally agree with the scary thing. Every time I sit down and think about how far I have to go I get a little mini panic attack!
  • danielle521
    Options
    Hey I'm 20 and I started on here about a month ago. I've lost 9 pounds so far and I log on almost everyday. I started at 206 and am glad to be under 200 at 196 but I'd like to be down to 130, so I have a long way to go. Add me if you want :)
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am currently 29 (will hit the big 3-0 in July). When I was in my early 20s (22 to be exact), I weighed 250 lbs. I joined a circuit gym (Curves) and started to lose weight. It took quite a while (lost the weight over a course of 2 1/2 years), but I managed to lose 110 lbs, and have kept it off for almost 5 years now. I would love to be a part of your journey.
  • _AsiaNicole_
    Options
    Hey! I just joined a few minutes ago. I'm a high school senior and I am about 90 pounds overweight. I've been wanting to lose weight for a long time now but i lack the support system/motivation. I'm hoping that this website will help with that. I think it's amazing that you've lost so much weight and hopefully I can do the same :)
  • chelseawill03
    Options
    Hi, I am currently 29 (will hit the big 3-0 in July). When I was in my early 20s (22 to be exact), I weighed 250 lbs. I joined a circuit gym (Curves) and started to lose weight. It took quite a while (lost the weight over a course of 2 1/2 years), but I managed to lose 110 lbs, and have kept it off for almost 5 years now. I would love to be a part of your journey.

That is so amazing!
  • divinefidelity
    divinefidelity Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 (i'll be 23 in May), and I have 130 pounds to lose. That just seems like such a huge, scary number. It's honestly pretty overwhelming. I understand exactly where you're coming from...and I'm honestly glad that I'm not the only one that's this young and still has this far to go. I'm going to go ahead and send you a friend request, because it's good to find someone who's in the same situation that I'm in, and see how far you've already come. It's definitely motivating for me.
  • chelseawill03
    Options
    Thanks! I totally understand what you mean about that number be scary big...and like you, thought it would be wonderful to have someone who was in the same boat as me. So glad to have found so many!
  • SKINNYGIRL72013
    SKINNYGIRL72013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a little older but would like to get to a healthier weight than I have ever been. I've been back and forth with the weight my entire life and am just tired of making bad choices. I've decided to to get the body of what should have been eighteen year old me as my final goal since I am only 5'2. For now, I will settle for 20 lbs by April and about 60 overall so I'm here to support if you'd like.
  • UnrequitedLoveSong
    Options
    I'm 31 and have over 100lbs to lose. Will send a friend request
  • geniebelle
    Options
    Hi, I'm Genie. I'm 22 (will be 23 in a couple weeks) and have over 100 pounds to lose. I love finding friends in that same boat too! sending you a friend request. Anyone can feel free to add me :) lets motivate each other!
  • hampstenj
    hampstenj Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, and I have over 100lbs to lose... When I saw how high the scale had gotten it literally was scary, I was scared that what the heck had happened to me, and how can I stop it... So far I've lost nearly 30 lbs from my max weight, and 15 since I've started on MFP,

I'll be more than glad to have you or anyone as a friend to help motivate each other, I sent a request.
  • caroldeanda
    caroldeanda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well I am 24 and my weight crept up to 253 and I am trying to get down to 150...my weight on my license....figure that it would be a good thing to aim for, plus I am just sick of being sick and tired, I shall add you, I am working out and tracking all my calories and would love to be able to have someone with a similar amount of weight to lose and in my age range in this with me so to speak ;-)
  • AmazonGoddessofDoom
    Options
    Hey there! I'm not really young... (Although, I have the humor of a 13 year old boy) but I do have a lot to lose. I just joined here, too. I want to lose 154 pounds.

I gained my weight from undiagnosed Celiac. My body was starving, so it stored everything it could. It's been quite the journey.
  • chimbleysweep
    Options
    Hello! I'm turning 24 on the 25th and I've got a lot to lose as well! Feel free to add me, anyone :)
  • chelseawill03
    Options
    I absolutely cannot believe the number of replies and friend requests this post garnered. I never knew how many people felt like they were in the same boat as me! I have added those who said I could and those who requested me. Thank you all so much. If you all are anything like me, the sheer numbers necessary to make me healthy (I can't even say again, since I haven't really ever been a healthy weight) feel astronomical. But everything seems like less when someone else is doing it with you. Now I have a ton of people going through similar situations. That is invaluable, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    awesome progress - keep it up, you are doing great!
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Hi! I weigh 194 pounds, down from 205, and my UGW is 135. I'm 24, so relatively young