Whole Meals Under 500 Cals

Options
I love seeing all the meal pics on here to drool over but sometimes they seem to get a bit more calorie dense than what i want to eat per meal. Was hoping people might like to share some pictures of their meals but this time stick to below 500 calories.

This is a picture of one of my favorite meals I made recently: roasted chicken, sauteed potatoes garlic and kale, and simple salad of romaine lettuce tomatoes and lite ranch. Came to just under 500 calories and 20 grams of fat (which is too high for my goals so next time I make this I will eat white meat only and use way less oils while sauteing them taters) . This meal felt big and was very satisfying :)

mealunder500_zpsd5fa3b3d.jpg

Thanks in advance to all who share!

Replies

• sarrymerry
    sarrymerry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, it'd be awesome to have the calories for the complete meal posted along with the pics! :)
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    download_zps2153c7c3.jpg

my breakfast before a run- so huge healthy and yum! its nonfat plain greek yogurt with strawberries, half of a whole wheat pita pocket, and salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers and parsley topped with dill and balsamic vinegar. my mom thinks im crazy because of the things i eat for breakfast haha :)

this meal came in at 330 calories, 62g carbs, 8g fat, 29g proteins.
  • ShenanigansOHoolihan
    Options
    Both look yummy to me :)

I eat dinner foods for breakfast as well. I don't like sweet food so oatmeal, yogurt and fruit don't do it for me.
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    here's another delicious breakfasty type meal i love.
    "loaded cottage cheese" base of cucumber and tomato tossed with balsalmic vinegar, topped with 1/2 an avocado, turkey and cottage cheese. 417 cals, 24g carbs, 22g fat, 34g protein.

20130216_102951_zpsa8bf5d06.jpg
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    a581cc4d-f17f-44f9-90a9-16f7c689322b_zps2d018c29.jpg

eggs spinach and maters approx 250 cals
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    download_zps1f3b5bc5.jpg

loaded sweet potato: 2 small sweet potatoes, green and red salsas, chicken breast, and greek yogurt. 320 calories, 34g carbs, 3g fat, 35g protein.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash and cheese from Skinnytaste.com and broccoli with Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning.

cheesysquash_zps04efffb6.jpg
  • jkmiller82
    Options
    Cottage cheese and pesto blended in the blender and put over whole wheat pasta with broccoli.

pastadinner_zpsb38715b8.jpg
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    that looks amazing! wow i'll have to try that out! i finally baked a spaghetti squash and topped with marinara but that looks waaayyy better :)
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    i like your food style! that looks great too! never thought about pesto and cottage cheese, thats a great way to up the protein content!
  • jkmiller82
    Options
    Broiled avocado with parmesan and chipotle tabasco and a side salad with yogurt ranch.

broiledavocado_zps0e041209.jpg
  • jkmiller82
    Options
    I try to eat only things that taste good so I end up with a lot of good fats and a lot of cheese, haha.
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    oh my!!! how do you broil an avocado?!?!?!!! that looks insanely delicious!
  • jkmiller82
    Options
    It's the easiest thing in the world! I found it on pinterest. You cut an avocado in half and take out the pit at cut lines in the flesh, put lime juice and chipotle tabasco on it then fill the pit with parmesan, broil for a minute or two, then take it out and cover it in parmesan and pop it under the broiler for another couple minutes (keep you eye on it) then top with more tabasco and dig in with a spoon. It's the best!
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    i seriously cannot wait to make that! this is exactly the reason i started this thread, i never would of thought of broiling an avocado, ever ever ever. Thank you!
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    aprrox 400 cals 38g carbs 13g fat 31g protein

download1_zps2edb4f18.jpg
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    download3_zps232d87a1.jpg

today's lunch: "mexican hot mess". refried black beans, avocado, caramelized onions, hot sauce, corn, salsa, and greek yogurt dollop. Came in at 385 cals, 52g carbs, 17g fat, and 15g protein. YUM! love mexican flavors!! (wish I had taken a pic before mixing, can't quite see the awesomeness after its all mixed together)
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    download2_zps45648891.jpg

homemade lime-cilantro-jalapeno hummus, served with veggies. Hummus is 99 cals, 15g carbs, 2g fat, and 6g protein for approx half cup.
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    download3_zps232d87a1.jpg

today's lunch: "mexican hot mess". refried black beans, avocado, caramelized onions, hot sauce, corn, salsa, and greek yogurt dollop. Came in at 385 cals, 52g carbs, 17g fat, and 15g protein. YUM! love mexican flavors!! (wish I had taken a pic before mixing, can't quite see the awesomeness after its all mixed together)

That sounds lovely, how do you do the onions?
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    I make them without oil so it's a little different. Chop up an onion, usually a yellow, but whatever is fine. Use a nonstick pan and cook on medium, covered, for around ten minutes (stir every few minutes). oh, and I salted them, apparently that brings out the moisture, after ten minutes they are quite liquidy and so then you want to cook with the lid off for another ten minutes or so to evaporate the liquid and brown them up. During this time, if they get too dry- mix in a little water, you want them to cook ling enough to get all mushy and brown but not burned. thats about it really. they turn out very sweet and delicious, i make a whole onion at a time and keep in the fridge to add to all kinds of things.