NUTELLA

Options

Replies

• timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    :::wipes the drool away::: That sounds amazing...Think you can buy it online or someplace in the US?
    I looked EVERYWHERE on line... Never found it!

I am wondering if they were put out of business because of all the law suits filed against them due to larger than life calorie intake that their product caused?

~smiling~

Here is what it looks like - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jom/2225888031/
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    :::wipes the drool away::: That sounds amazing...Think you can buy it online or someplace in the US?
    I looked EVERYWHERE on line... Never found it!

I am wondering if they were put out of business because of all the law suits filed against them due to larger than life calorie intake that their product caused?

~smiling~

Here is what it looks like - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jom/2225888031/

My husband frequents that area of the Middle East on ocassion...I asked him to PLEASE look for it--and if you do end up seeing it online somewhere, please share!! Oh, and while we're talking banana/chocolate/hazelnut, here's another link to a fab looking recipe. I almost can't stand myself. This dieting thing is gonna kill me.......

http://canarygirl.vox.com/library/photo/6a00c2252887de8e1d00d4142d60503c7f.html

I'd like to take about 10 of these to the face.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options

My husband frequents that area of the Middle East on ocassion...I asked him to PLEASE look for it--and if you do end up seeing it online somewhere, please share!! Oh, and while we're talking banana/chocolate/hazelnut, here's another link to a fab looking recipe. I almost can't stand myself. This dieting thing is gonna kill me.......

I head to Bahrain in 2009 for a year. We will have to see what they Bahrain and Saudi people have to offer. Dubai really had a little of everything. All they need to do is flip the entertainment/gambling switch and that will be the spot EVERYONE will want to go to!

What does your husband do in the ME?

YUM on the site! ~sigh~... Going to make sure I get the Banana Cream Cheese ingredients when I get back to North Carolina on 29 June!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I didn't know Nutella had it's own thread... sheesh!!

I love dipping whole wheat pretzel sticks in Nutella... yum~o!!!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I BOUGHT CHOCOLATE NUTELLA AT KROGERS...:laugh:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm..... I've never tried it. With these rave reviews I just might have to try it. So if i tried it with strawberries would it be good? Like a dip type thing?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I head to Bahrain in 2009 for a year. We will have to see what they Bahrain and Saudi people have to offer. Dubai really had a little of everything. All they need to do is flip the entertainment/gambling switch and that will be the spot EVERYONE will want to go to!

YUM on the site! ~sigh~... Going to make sure I get the Banana Cream Cheese ingredients when I get back to North Carolina on 29 June!

My brother and his family are coming home from Saudi on Friday. they are teachers, and come home for the summer. I will ask him about this stuff.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    There is a dutch version of the chocolate and hazlenut... wonder if it would taste the same. I do know that is yummy.

http://store.dereuzegourmetmarket.com/252302.html
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm..... I've never tried it. With these rave reviews I just might have to try it. So if i tried it with strawberries would it be good? Like a dip type thing?

You can use it as a dip, spread or eat it by the spoonfull! hehehe

I either put a tbsp on an english muffin or make a little sandwich with my whole grain waffles..spread some in a layer on one and put the other on top! YUM!

It is good dipping honey whole-wheat pretzels into too!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

He's AGR for the AF. SF, to be exact. So he's traveling a lot. He's also brought me back Belgium chocolates and some fantastic wine from Spain and Italy. I'm a lucky girl! :love:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I absolutely curse you all!! I just joined up yesterday and THIS is what I find?!?! lol...
    Nutella sadly happens to be one of my few true vices and I really can't let my self bring it into the house. For me it was either on a spoon (I know, I know...) or warmed up and used as chocolate fondue for fruits.

I wish I could muster the self-control to have it as an occasional chocolate taste but in my late afternoon moments of craving madness I'd not fare so well I think :grumble:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Heck, next time I have to bake a birthday cake, the layers are going to be filled with Nutella!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    In Germany almost every household has Nutella or similar products in the closet. Kids loooooove it and adult too. As popular as peanut butter here. At least when I was a kid.
    Can't buy it here though.:sad:
    Way too addictive.
    In fact it maybe should have a warning label on the jar: Warning this stuff is addictive.
    I admire anybody who can occasionally eat just a little.
    I can't. :sad:
  • hellonurse1983
    Options
    nutella rules

i used to dip it in teddy grahams but now that i am trying to avoid that kind of thing i spread a little on a whole grain tortilla and fold it in half, then cut it. They are good little finger snacks and not THAAAAAT bad for you.
  • kimberly5568360
    Options
    My kids and I like Nutella on Low Fat graham crackers with thin sliced strawberries. Really Really good, but yes full of calories!!:tongue:
  • stschulz
    Options
    Bought Nutella today when I went shopping. I'll use it to eat the extra calories from exercise:bigsmile:
    Hope I can resist the temptation when I have no extras left.
    It reminds me of my childhodd 20 years ago (lying)(about the 20 years):embarassed:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe!

1. Open jar.
    2. Insert spoon.
    3. LICK!
    4. REPEAT!

:bigsmile:

:laugh:
  • stschulz
    Options
    I can do that !!!!!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    WELL, EVERYONE, MY JAR OF CHOCOLATE NUTELLA IS ALMOST EMPTY. I WILL NEVER, NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE, EVER! :noway: OH MY GOODNESS, IT IS JUST TOOOOOO TEMPTING TO EAT ALL THE TIME. :grumble: IT WAS SO GOOD ON MY TOASTED WHEAT BREAD, ON MY CLUB CRACKERS, ON JUST EATING OFF THE SPOON. :love: I WILL NOT BUY ANYMORE BECAUSE I KNOW I WILL JUST EAT, EAT, EAT TILL IT IS GONE. I HAVE NO SELF CONTROL OVER IT. :sad:
    WHEW, THAT WAS ROUGH. :wink:
  • maeka
    maeka Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on a cinnamon and honey kick. I mix saigon cinnamon with a little honey and mix it to the consistency of peanut butter, and I usually mix enough for about a week. A quick breakfast is Wasa bread (fiber) spread with the cinnamon/honey mixture, then spread a thin layer of sunflower butter or peanut butter on top of that and top it all off with a thin layer of Nutella. Good stuff!!

Go here to read about the health benefits of cinnamon:
    http://www.monumentalmassage.com/articles/benefits_of_cinnamon.html