Chobani Greek Yogurt... Oh.my.

Options
I thought the dannon greek yogurt was okay, but I'm sitting here eating Chobani Peach Greek Yogurt.. This stuff.. is amazing. Thick, creamy, and overall perfect. I'd seen people recommend it on here and I grabbed some different flavors at the store this morning. You also can't beat the numbers. 140 calories, 14 grams of protein... I'm in heaven.

Replies

• honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try the strawberry banana, pineapple and raspberry. Those are my favorites. Also, Voskos vanilla bean & honey is amazing.
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I got strawberry banana, raspberry, and blood orange. My hometown Kroger didn't have that other brand.. Their greek yogurt selection is a bit on the light side. LOL
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked it, but I don't. It's too bitter for me, or something. Oh well...
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    pineapple, blood orange, and pomegranate are my favorites!
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My best friend just introduced it to me last week and I can't get enough of the stuff! I've only had strawberry and black cherry so far but I'm going to try the other flavors everyone is talking about. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goood!!!!!!
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I eat cabot greek vanilla bean. It has 220 calories in a cup and 18 grams of protein. I think 5 grams of fat... or some small amount. It's so good too and always sells out at the grocery store. I have to buy six or seven containers at a time because I know it will sell out.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I got strawberry banana, raspberry, and blood orange. My hometown Kroger didn't have that other brand.. Their greek yogurt selection is a bit on the light side. LOL

The apple cinnamon is really good too!
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Black cherry, pear, blood orange, lemon, and peach are my favorite :) Other greek yogurt isn't the same in my opinion..
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I didn't like Chobani for some reason. Fage is my favorite, it's so delicious!
  • hannah_ryann
    Options
    I didn't want to go too crazy with it so I just bought 4 flavored kinds and then a big tub of the plain to use for homemade ranch, and to put my own frozen fruits in.

Side note: Im making crock pot buffalo chicken tonight and was thinking about doing a homemade ranch dip/spread/whatever to put on the sandwiches. The recipe I looked up called for plain greek yogurt, hence my trip to the grocery.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Chobani is the bomb! My favorites are pinapple, apple cinnamon, and pear. Brown Cow Greek yogurt is a pretty good brand of Greek yogurt too. I really don't like Dannon/Oikos compared to Chobani and Brown Cow.
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cherry and pineapple are great.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I didn't like Chobani for some reason. Fage is my favorite, it's so delicious!

This!
    But I prefer Fage 2% plain to any other plain greek yogurts.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Tried this ... still prefer FAGE 0% fat greek yoghurt !
  • hannah_ryann
    Options
    I looked for Fage there, because I was going to do a taste test comparison, but they didn't have it at Kroger :( Do you think my local (well, closest) Walmart would sell it?
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    apple cinnamon
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try it...too bad it won't happen. (=w=)
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Th Walmart near me sells Fage. Definitely give it a go...it's so yummy.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I looked for Fage there, because I was going to do a taste test comparison, but they didn't have it at Kroger :( Do you think my local (well, closest) Walmart would sell it?

Most likely.

My suggestion though is to buy the plain greek yogurt (preferably in bulk) and add your own flavors - like various extracts, banana, berries, apples, cocoa powder, cinnamon, etc.
    By doing so, you'll save money (since each flavored cup is 5.3oz-6oz and ranges form 0.99$ to 1.99$), you'll be eating less sugar & processed "goodness" (due to their added flavoring & preservatives).

Target sells Fage plain (0% &2%) in the large tubs.
    There's Chobani plain (also 0 & 2%), Cabot plain (in my opinion they should stick to cheese), Stonyfield Oikos plain (organic & kinda of expensive), plus store brands. Trader Joe's has a good 2% plain as well
  • missability
    Options
    Our local Wal-Mart has them all....I like Voskos and Fage the best.....the raspberry rocks! I tried one called cascade fresh...OMG it was awful, lumpy, just awful! I shoulda figured by the name "Cascade fresh", reminded me to start the dishwasher when I got home...HA!