Instant Oatmeal

Options
Big fan...easy and quick. My question, when I enter my calories from the box, does it include the milk that I use to make it? Should I be logging that separate? Please help, I want to be as accurate as possible! Thanks!

Replies

• jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Milk Is probably separate.... Like on dry cereal boxes....they usually show with and without.
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure you need to log it separately. I use water in mine.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    my understanding is that is dry ..you will need to add the amount and kind of milk separate. :)
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I make mine with water too. Tastes just as good and I want those calories for something else.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Milk is an addition...so logged separately.

I use milk in mine, don't really like it "dry" as my parents would call it lol....I just cut the serving to 1/2 a cup of milk instead of a whole cup.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I use water for mine. It tastes just as good and I'm saving calories~ Otherwise I would log milk seperate.
    weight control oatmeal is great if you haven't tried it! Its extra protein and fiber every morning. (banana bread is my favorite)
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm also an instant oatmeal lover!! I use water,but yes, if you use milk then you would log that seperately.
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Quaker-Oatmeal-Perfect-Portions-Maple-Instant-Oatmeal-12.7-oz/22026918

best stuff EVER. I take 1/4th cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup or less water ..nuke for 55 seconds add 1 packet of splenda and 1/2 a banana. Keeps me going for at least 4 hours.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk. 30 calories a cup. Almost water! I like the taste compared to water. Makes it creamy.