Trouble eating enough calories

Options
So I'm supposed to be eating 1,200 everyday but on most days I usually eat around 800-900 calories. I'm good about eating breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as snacks in between but I get full easily so it's hard for me to eat more. Sometimes I have to make myself eat because I don't feel hungry. I feel most hungry when I go to bed but it's too late to eat. Anybody know the cause of this or how to sneak in some more calories without feeling too full to eat?

Replies

• tasha2155
    tasha2155 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem too. I force myself to eat a granola bar in the morning before I workout and still have to force myself to eat something after I'm done with my workout. There are plenty of days I don't reach 700 calories, even though I did a high intensity workout, especially since I limit myself to one cup of juice a day. I would love some tips too cause I just don't have the appetite to eat as many calories as I should be.
  • tamikia87
    tamikia87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Maybe try and incorporate some healthy fats(olive oil) into your meals? Fresh squeeze a glass of juice, they will add up quickly in calories, or buy 100% juice to drink.... I'm not really sure, I have no problem eating my calories for the day but hopefully you can fit some in there somewhere as it may slow your weight loss with such a little amount of cals per day. Good luck, feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Maybe there is some meals you could make that is higher in calorie content but still very healthy?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eat real food, full fat dairy, nuts, peanut butter, avocado, eggs, oils, cheese, meat. It's not hard at all to eat 1200 calories if you don't go for all the things you think of as "diet".
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I feel most hungry when I go to bed but it's too late to eat.

Unless eating right before bed interrupts your sleep habits, it's never too late to eat. What time you eat doesn't matter at all. I usually have a glass of chocolate milk at bedtime. If I'm low on calories that day, I might add protein powder to it for a bigger caloric and nutrient punch.

But overall, just plan your day better. Don't just log your food as or after you eat it, use your diary to map out your day. If you fall short, see where you can add a little extra here and there. A cup of grapes with lunch, an extra slice of cheese, a 5 oz serving of chicken instead of 3 or 4 ounces, etc. Adding something small that's around 100 calories to each meal is a lot easier than trying to add several hundred calories at the end of the day.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Stop eating "diet" foods and eat real foods. Add oils or avocado to your veggies and/ or nuts to your snacks.