Bra rant.

Options
2»

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    In Houston, i go to Nordstroms...they were there for me when I went through my weight loss and they know more than just the numbers... They look at shape as well. I buy 4 bras a year, 2 every six months, so I make them count.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Macy's carries Wacoal in stores and online that go up to G and H cup sizes. Keep an eye out for coupons and sales to help keep the cost down.

My favorite sports bra (the first one I purchased was a 40G)
    http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Glamorise-Double-Custom-Control/dp/B006R3CXM2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361115965&sr=8-1&keywords=glamorise+double+layer+sports+bra

JCP also sells them online as well.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Brastop.com. I wear a 30E and few American stores carry that size and when they do they are insanely priced.
  • Pandalover62
    Options
    I have been in both situations for the longest time I couldn't find a bra large enough to fit so I had to go with generic and pray that the XXXXXX large top I was wearing wouldn't show the that I was not in my bra properly. Then I had a breast reduction and the doctor took more from the breast than from the band size so I went from have too large to being to round at the band size so now I wear a 52 A-B depending on where I can find a bra to feel comfortable in.

I know that JC Penny's will measure you and they will special order a bra for you at any size. Sometimes the price may be $30 for the larger size but I know the smaller you are the lower the price. Also you there is a catalog that is online or by mail called Woman Within or Romans.com

They have really great prices and they also have smaller sizes.

Good Luck to both of you.
    Andi
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I bought the largest bra available from Moving Comfort. The band size was perfect, but the cups were about half my size. I measured myself again last night to order from some "goddess" size bra store in the UK, and have lost an inch in band size, but gained half an inch in the cup this month. As far as I can tell, I am somewhere between 40G and 40HH, depending on the manufacturer.

Americans LOVE big boobs. We have icons like Pamela Anderson (eww) and women on plastic surgery billboards with racks the size of SUVs, but for the life of me, I can't find an American company that sells bras my size. I need *something* to hold the girls down while I jog, and my basic/everyday Walmart uniboob bras aren't doing it. If the cup will fit me, the smallest band available is about 5-6 inches too large. If the band will fit, the largest cup available is half my size.

Before I start making my husband strap me down with ACE bandages every other day, I'd really like to know how the other chesty women manage. I am not willing to consider any kind of surgery.

Any suggestions from the other large-busted American ladies on here? I know I am not the only one. WHERE DO YOU BUY YOUR BRAS?!

And just a little side rant: wtf is up with "goddess" sizes? Unless they mean the Venus of Willendorf, I do not understand why fat-friendly companies name their sizes that. Goddesses are usually depicted in healthy, fertile shapes. I've certainly never seen a statue or painting of a "goddess" that looked even close to my shape. Whatever. I just need a good bra.

i have the opposite problem. im an XS in band-but a S in the cup.

Champion makes some that are bigger bust's friend. :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Okay - how about a bra rant on not small enough!!! I am a 32 A (or smaller cup)!!! Most places don't even carry this size. You can order but then have to return when cup gaps as most do!! I know it sounds like a trivial issue but... I want to look like a woman and don't want "helmet" padding.

Welcome to my world. 28DD here. I got the smallest size but largest cup (32D) moving comfort bra and the band still shifts around. My problem is all the smaller bands only carry smaller cups at which point I quadraboob out of them.

I don't think bras are meant to fit anyone lol. I've yet to meet a girl with a good fitting, comfortable bra.

OP my best advice is to find a sister size... ie 28DD is around a 30D is around a 32C. Play around with the sizes and cross your fingers and meditate that someone sensible will start making sensible bra sizings that actually make sense. It won't be the best fit, but it's better then most of the alternatives.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This is not meant to be mean. I looked t your profile pic. I see women built like you all the time. They must get bras from somewhere.

Good luck.

That's why she's asking where people like her get their bras...
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Macy's carries Wacoal in stores and online that go up to G and H cup sizes. Keep an eye out for coupons and sales to help keep the cost down.

My favorite sports bra (the first one I purchased was a 40G)
    http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Glamorise-Double-Custom-Control/dp/B006R3CXM2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361115965&sr=8-1&keywords=glamorise+double+layer+sports+bra

JCP also sells them online as well.

I ordered one of these. I'll have to look into an Enell style as well, since that brand has been suggested a few times now. Estimated arrival is Wednesday- I'll review each of the ones I try then for anyone else who is looking.
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Check out www.titlenine.com. They have several different lines of bras, and they, as a company, "test drive" and rate the bras for support and comfort. I use the Last Resort Bra by Enell. Title Nine has excellent customer service and can help you find a bra to fit.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Maybe try Lane Bryant.. I think they can special order!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Okay - how about a bra rant on not small enough!!! I am a 32 A (or smaller cup)!!! Most places don't even carry this size. You can order but then have to return when cup gaps as most do!! I know it sounds like a trivial issue but... I want to look like a woman and don't want "helmet" padding.

I just buy training bras.
  • WarningBell
    Options
    I'm currently wearing a 44F, since losing weight I'm down from a G cup.

I only wear full coverage Cacique bras from Lane Bryant; they're having a $14.99 bra sale right now even for the bigger sizes.. try one or two out while they're cheap! One bra is normally $50 each so it's definitely a steal.

http://www.lanebryant.com/lace-trim-full-coverage-bra/p147560/index.pro?selectedColor=None selected&selectedSize=None selected

To keep the girls in place during exercise I bought Enell bras.. they're a bit on the expensive side but totally worth it!

http://enell.com/enell-sport

Hope this helped :)
    -Stephy
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think with your band size you should try cacique from lane bryant. wacoal might be helpful too. you'll probably have less luck with the euro brands like freya and panache since those cater more to women like me with small band sizes and large cups. american companies seem to have more options for bigger rib cages

for sports bras definitely give enell a try. you're probably like a size 3 or 4 in that? when i was a 36G i was wearing the 3 and the band was a wee too lose