Options
kcdrake
kcdrake Posts: 512
So I found another yummy recipe!

2 Tbs creamy peanut butter
1 banana (frozen)
1 tsp honey
1 cup milk
1 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt [I just used one container of Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt]

Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth. I poured an 8 oz serving for 263 calories. Higher calorie than I usually like my smoothies, but oh boy is it filling.

I'm planning to take my extra smoothie and make some popsicles! I'm going to take a bit of Nutella and spread it on the inside of a 3 oz paper cup, fill with smoothie, and add a stick (well... I'm using plastic spoon because it's all I have, haha!), cover with saran wrap and stick 'em in the freezer. Yum!

Replies

• elizawe
    elizawe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies all the time. I find that you don't really need a recipe, just put it in the blender and turn it on.

Here's some examples of what I do.

Blueberry kefer or flavored lowfat yogart
    blueberries
    mango
    pineapple
    wheat germ
    protein powder
    walnuts
    dark cherry juice (just a tbs)
    banana

It's so delicious.

I keep tons of frozen fruit in the freezer and I mix it up all the time. The average 8 oz glass of my smoothie is 225 cals.
  • Trish02
    Trish02 Posts: 25
    Options
    I loooove smoothies here's my favorite...

1 scoop of protein powder (strawberry)
    4 pineapple chunks
    4 raspberries
    1c 1% milk/water
    2tblsp. ground organic flaxseed

This makes a little over 8oz. and is about 230 calories but it is filling. Sometimes if i'm running late on eating dinner, trying not going to my old habits of going to the drive thru I have a smoothie. I also have it after I workout too. looove it!
  • mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mmm...those sound so good, thanks for posting them. I love smoothies, too. Although, I get stuck in a rut and tend to make the same thing over and over.:tongue:

A few I've tried and love...
    OJ, water, spinach, banana, protein powder.
    Milk, water, spinach, banana and/or frozen plums, protein powder.
    Milk, water, carrots, celery, banana, vanilla protein powder, ice cubes. (current favorite...so light and frothy and a beautiful peachy color.)

It is true you don't really need a recipe, just some fresh fruits, veggies and a good blender.