Options

Replies

• trishmce
    Options
    When I go in solo and work it is less time when I meet friends it is longer
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I usually stay for about 1.5hrs once a week which includes my 30 minute personal training session. The other days I workout at my home gym with one day devoted to rest.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Depends which day it is.... but I average about 2 hours there on the 6 days a week I visit!.
  • PnutLuv
    PnutLuv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new to gym scene, but I'm usually there about 30-45min. Sometimes I do 30min cardio, 15min weights, but honestly, I find that I get a much better workout doing 30min of intervals on the treadmill or eliptical. My trainer has given me some great tabata workouts I can do at home for the days I can't get to the gym, and those add in more strength. I do 2-3 days at gym on my own, my 1hr fitness challenge class once a week, and 2-3 days at home always with one day off.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Depends on why I'm there.. 30 minutes to 90 minutes..
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'd say about an hour and a half, it depends on whether I'm doing cardio which is a half hour. I take about 45 to 55 minutes with weights. It's dependent on my goal.
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I used to be about 2 hours when I was doing everyday cardio and lifting. Now a days I either lift or do cardio for the most part so I am generally in and out in around 90 minutes. I try not to rush it too much since the kiddo is in the daycare there so that is my time to allow myself to be a little selfish and just focus on me.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm there for. I take two 1-hour Pilates classes per week. Other days might be an active rest day from running, so I hit the stationary bike for 30 min to an hour. Or it it's really icy, I might run for 35-45 minutes on the indoor track (can't stand any longer than that, but hate treadmill even more). In the summer, the kid and I might spend the whole day at the pool (okay, not swimming the whole time, but technically, we are at the gym!).

Sometimes I don't go to exercise at all--my husband and I will stop by our gym after our weekly training group runs to sauna before we go home.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 5-6 days a week depending on my work schedule ....... sometimes 30 minutes cardio ....... today it was 90 minutes of cardio & weights ....... and sometimes I'll hit a yoga or Zumba class, too ...... it's ALL good !
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    30 minutes-1.5hrs depending on what I am doing.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My classes are an hour, so usually 80 minutes to 100 minutes, depending on if it's a cardio class or yoga.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    45-75 minutes is normal for me

Same here.

And same here.
  • nicknoyes85
    Options
    40mins on Weights

30mins on Cardio
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Usually for me:
    1) weights - 45-90 min plus 10 min warm up.
    2) treadmill can vary from 20 min to 90 min depending on type of day, on a different day than weights
    3) yoga/stretch 30 to 90 min but I'll mostly do this at home
    4) add 10 to 30min of variable time if I'm with someone, discussing with the owner or just passing time (place serves non-alco beer!)
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    bench day 45mins
    squat day 45mins
    ohp day about 60mins
    deadlift day 75mins
    2nd squat day 90mins
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Session a) Cardio - weights - sauna and jacuzzi 2 hrs ( rare)

Session b) Cardio and weights 1 hr (rare)

Session c) Weights 25 -40 mins dependent on how busy (always)

I am lifting heavy so (3 sets) 2 body parts till failure... does not take long till i want to puke! then i am out!
  • BcoolNgreat
    BcoolNgreat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am usually there for 1 hr, 4-5 days a week. On the treadmill for 20, cross trainer ( hard) 15 mns then arms and legs with or without weights, and the stomach. It is a good work out and the feeling is good afterwards.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have streamlined my routine to be as efficient as possible - I'm a busy person and I don't like to do things which have no point. My visits are 1 hour max, including the 10/15 mins it takes to shower and get changed.

Lifting routine -
    Dead lifts 4 x 10
    Squats 3 x 20
    Shoulder press 4 x 10
    Tricept Dips 4 x 15
    Press Ups - until failure (not many!)
    Donkey Kicks 3 x 15 on each leg
    Leg press 6 x 10
    Planks 4 x 20 seconds (working on it!)
    200 crunches

Cardio
    20 minutes HIIT, 1 minute sprint, 1 minute power walk etc
    (15 minute each way cycle to the gym)
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I arrive at about 4:45pm and leave at 7:30 - 8:00 pm I do about 2-3 classes they are 45 minutes each..15 minute weights and about 45-60 minutes on the elliptical trainer. 4-5 days a week .
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It depends what you're goals are. If I'm lifting then I'll be there an hour or less. I know what I want to do before I step in there and get on with it.