Replies

• areumdawn
    areumdawn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1 hr. If there's a class I'm attending then it's 2 hours
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I keep my workout to about an hour, maybe hour and 15 minutes.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I average at least two hours but always less than three. This includes my shower and sitting in the sauna.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    45-75 minutes is normal for me

Same here.

And same here.

And same again.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    60-120 mins depending on what I have planned for the day and if I am alone or not
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Normally a Couple Hours.... If it is strictly cardio (elliptical) I am in and out in about 80 minutes.. But Lifting and Pool time is more towards a couple hours..
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    15 minute cardio to warm up. One hour weight lifting. 30 minute intense cardio to finish. So an hour & 45 minutes is the norm for me.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When I used to attend the gym, I would only go for 25 minutes. It felt weird getting there after people and leaving before them, but I did all my cardio outside of the gym. I would ride my bike there, do 25-35 minutes of strength training, and then ride my bike home. On days I didn't work, I'd drive to the gym, do my workout, go home, and then run.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    ... an hour or less. I know what I want to do before I step in there and get on with it.

This.

If I'm there any longer it's because I was wasting time farting around.
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    40-90 min for me. At this point I am doing all cardio. Once I start the weights I guess I will need to add another 45 min or so.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am amazed at those who spend hours at the gym.

When I was a member, I typically was in and out in 45 mins (shower at home) - but that's probably why I'm still carrying the extra weight :tongue:
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    45-60 min, 4 days a week.
  • Werrrkitgurl
    Options
    1 hour of running, 1 hour of weights, 15 mins of "cool down" either walking or stretching.
  • shooter560
    Options
    An average day for me at the gym (6 visits a week after work) will include any or all of the following

30 mins average in the weights section, then 40 - 120 mins doing cardio, followed by 30 mins in the sauna, 30 mins swimming and then shower and home for food etc
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am amazed at those who spend hours at the gym.

When I was a member, I typically was in and out in 45 mins (shower at home) - but that's probably why I'm still carrying the extra weight :tongue:

Those who work out in 45-60 mins do it efficiently, they know what they want to do and get it done. Some take longer than others - perhaps because they lift heavy or because they don't know what to do. No offense to anyone who works out for 2 hrs, totally your prerogative, not mine.. I would say you not being active or eating healthy for some time would have more to do with why you are carrying extra weight. :)
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Dixie - you caught me.:blushing: I have gotten lazy in my old age :laugh:
  • Heitor71
    Heitor71 Posts: 224
    Options
    I go 5 days in a row only to lift weights 30-45 min. Only cardio I do is running outdoors, but not these days.
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I try to stay 1 to 2 hours if I go after work or a day off. Sometimes I work out on my breaks at work and then it is a shorter time.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mon - Fri : 60 minutes

Sat : 120 minutes
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Nothing is normal...depends on you, your lifestyle, your goals. What it takes now to get where you want down the road might seem excessive or not what you want to spend your life on. I've been through 50 pounds of weight loss 3 times in my life and I am working on it for th 4th time....have always been successful losing, just not successful keeping it off. What I am finding is that when I lose weight, I go nuts and go to the extreme, I can't sustain that, then get off track and then lose ground quickly. this time, trying it different, moderate exercise, five days a week for 30 mins and probably will drop to four days a week 30 mins and that I can sustain with my job, my hobbies, my lifestyle...and just get my food in track and something I can sustain for life too....