Having a hard time noticing my loss...

Options
I have been at my weight loss journey now for a little over 5 1/2 months and the scale was moving great and now its at a stand still and I am having a hard time noticing what I have done so I thought I would share a before an after pic and I hope you guys can tell a difference. This journey as been a very emotional journey for me to find who I am :) I feel like I should look better after losing 50# and I have 30# more pounds to lose just seems out of reach! Thanks for listening to my story...

c7809fb7-de72-404c-a750-f779a3615a7c_zps9b6e8543.jpg

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Wow, your brain is really lagging behind your progress. It's not only noticable - you look like a different person and a lot younger. They say it can take a year for your brain to "see" your progress. Take it from me - your brain is behind the times. Good job!
  • snaapz
    snaapz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhh yea HUGE difference! Way to go!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have been at my weight loss journey now for a little over 5 1/2 months and the scale was moving great and now its at a stand still and I am having a hard time noticing what I have done so I thought I would share a before an after pic and I hope you guys can tell a difference. This journey as been a very emotional journey for me to find who I am :) I feel like I should look better after losing 50# and I have 30# more pounds to lose just seems out of reach! Thanks for listening to my story...

c7809fb7-de72-404c-a750-f779a3615a7c_zps9b6e8543.jpg

You seriously cannot see a difference?

You look amazing! Can you not even see it in your arms? Look how tiny they are compared to your before picture.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person...and I detect a bit of sassiness in the second picture. You're doing great. Keep it up!
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference in your before and after . I think it just your brain taking a while to play catch up.. I personally feel like I cant see a change in myself sometimes and then i put back on the pants I wore when i was heavy and then i see the difference.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    AWWWWWWWwwwww! You look VERY different.

I have the opposite of what you have. I can look in the mirror and see skinny and hot even though I'm nearly 80 lbs overweight. So I kind of get it. Why don't you consider, getting a pink tank top that fits you now a black bra and a lei and taking a picture and comparing it. You'll get to see your arms, where they lei hangs, and everything else being equal i think you'lll really notice. Plus now you'll have a new pink tank, and new black bra...LOL.
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Not sure of your whole story - but I spent most of my life being a little chubby. Not necessarily even overweight - just soft. Even thin - which I have been a couple times in my adult life - I don't see it. I still see that layer of fat. I think when some of us lose weight we have reverse beer goggles.

Especially if your insurance covers it, I might recommend some therapy sessions. The right therapist can really help with body image issues and help you see yourself as you really are. If I can get close to my goal weight, I will definitely think about it myself. I think it is too easy to get discouraged when you still feel like the same overweight person - even after you changed your life.

If you don't feel like therapy, then try some positive thinking at home. When you look in the mirror - instead of staying the negative things you probably think - make yourself say something nice. Does a shirt fit better than before? Do your eyes look bigger or brighter? How about your legs in a new pair of heels? Try at least one nice thing every day. Even if you don't believe it at first, your brain will start to catch on eventually. You are looking and feeling great!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and you can really tell you lost a lot of weight! hang in there and one day you will notice. Start noticing the good feelings and hopefully all the positivity will flood through
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely seeing what you're not seeing! Your body and face are completely transformed. You not only look slim, but you look much younger and healthier. Take another look at your photos, cover your face and pretend it's someone else's body. Now what do you see?
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing lady! Just tell yourself that when you're looking in the mirror!
  • kluvfreddy
    kluvfreddy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Gr8 job.:flowerforyou:
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference. I think you look awesome
  • jpolczak
    jpolczak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful!! Great work!! You should be so proud!! Congrats!!
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look amazing dear!! I am so glad to have you on my friends list. Such an inspiration!
  • Jubee31
    Jubee31 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look great! The difference is extremely noticeable! Good job!
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Like two diff people an 20 years younger!
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    a huge noticeable difference. your face and upper body. you have done a fantastic transformation. keep going.
  • boulinoute
    Options
    :smile: huge difference!!! you look younger too now.
  • fusion777
    Options
    You look awesome, congrats!!!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. Stop letting you mind play tricks on you. You've done great and you'll continue to do so as long as you stick to what you have been doing. Sometimes it's get's hard to not sabotage ourselves. You've done great, keep going.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!