Ripped In 30 or 30 Day Shred

Options
It's day 8 of the 30 day shred and I feel as though I'm ready to move on to level 2. Does anyone repeat 30DS or move on to Ripped in 30?

Replies

• LeeMarie1985
    LeeMarie1985 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 Day Shred for about a year now and Ripped in 30 since December. When I first started I was on Level 1 of 30 Day Shred for about 2 weeks! I just moved forward when I felt I could and some days I moved back. Don't stress it too much. You will see results. I've lost 50lbs in a year by logging what I've been eating and doing Jillian's workouts.

I'm at the point where I pick and choose between the 7 workouts. One week I'll do 30 Day Shred Level 2 then 3 and switch to Ripped in 30 and do Level 1 and 2 to end the week. It makes it a bit more interesting. Tonight I completed Ripped in 30's Level 4 for the first time. It was brutal!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I am on my second repeat of 30DS right now..

I am skeptical about moving on to Ripped in 30 because I am all about the best bang for my buck.. in this sense, if I am working out for 30 minutes, I want it to count and the results to be amazing.

30DS gave me amazing results both when I discovered it last August and again last month. Only problem I find with repeating is that I have become a bit bored and am not doing it consistently everyday (instead of 7x a week, only 3-4x). I don't see a lot of people showing off their Ripped in 30 results as I do see people posting about 30DS.

If this is your first time doing 30DS - try upping your weights or doing all of Natalies moves.. I find 30DS to be very challenging everytime. This month, I upped my dumbells to 7lb each because the 4lb felt like 2lb and were too easy.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 Day Shred for about a year now and Ripped in 30 since December. When I first started I was on Level 1 of 30 Day Shred for about 2 weeks! I just moved forward when I felt I could and some days I moved back. Don't stress it too much. You will see results. I've lost 50lbs in a year by logging what I've been eating and doing Jillian's workouts.

I'm at the point where I pick and choose between the 7 workouts. One week I'll do 30 Day Shred Level 2 then 3 and switch to Ripped in 30 and do Level 1 and 2 to end the week. It makes it a bit more interesting. Tonight I completed Ripped in 30's Level 4 for the first time. It was brutal!

Great idea (about switching up the workouts)
  • marie2779
    marie2779 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS last Jan/Feb, moved on the RI30 afterwards... RI30 was REALLY hard for me and I didn't stick to it. I began running in March and did that through the spring/summer/fall... I went back to 30DS again this winter and am just moving on to level 2. I think when I finish 30DS this time I will do levels 2 and 3 again before trying RI30.
  • ivyx3
    ivyx3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats I've never made it through Ripped In 30 level 2!! I am currently on 30DS Level 2 day 4 and I'm sore as heck!
  • ivyx3
    ivyx3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cool maybe you can give me an update on your results. I think i'll do ripped in 30 after i complete 30DS. R30 seems harder to me.
  • klyon6859
    klyon6859 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Ripped in 30 for over a year. I recently acquired Jillian's Extreme Shed and Shred. It has Level 1 and Level 2. I would cycle in Level 1 once a week and do Ripped the other days. This week I tried Level 2, I had to pause for about 5 minutes to recover. I then went back to Level 1 for the next 3 days and am going to try Level 2 again tomorrow. My goal is to make it through without a pause. The two things I have noticed about both videos, I sweat extensively and I notice the first day I do a workout say on Monday its really hard but by Wednesday I feel stronger. I definately feel either workout is great for the amount of time it takes. I don't have hours available to work out so getting my butt kicked for 30 minutes is worth it.