58 to lose: New and looking for friends with open diary

Options
I live a busy life as a working mom! Love my job as an RN but sometimes we have 10 mins to eat and you better fit a bathroom break in too! Looking for people to share the knowledge they have gained and maybe learn some meal ideas. My diary is open to those that are friends. Oh, and Greek yogurt has become my friend!

I'm 48 yrs old and looking to lose my weight before I am 50 in the summer of 2014. I'm tired of being overweight and not being able to buy nice clothes. Not to mention, I feel like a hypocrite when I counsel PT's on the pitfalls of being overweight. I'm not sure what spurred me on but out of the blue 3 weeks ago I said, "Enough"! I went straight to the store and changed my eating that day.

As I have told my family, "I am on a healthier eating adventure and since it is an adventure I shall treat it as such"

Replies

• blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have to lose around the same amount. I work crazy hours, and am a full time mom. My diary is always open. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss.
  • avaandelliesmom
    Options
    My diary is open to friends. Not sure if it will help much, but add me if you'd like. =) I'm just now starting to add friends and share things. I'm here if you need an encouraging friend, too. =) Good luck!!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request! :smile:
  • meglet175
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am a working mom of three, about halfway to my goal of losing 28 pounds. I log on daily and am happy to add active, positive mfp pals.
  • bizzyeck
    bizzyeck Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the friend offers! Keep them coming...
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I have been on here (different account) since July 2011 and LOVE it!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm on here everyday and have an open diary. Good luck!
  • mlbqd3
    mlbqd3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have also sent you a friend request.

I am in a similar boat. I am a physical therapist (I graduate in May) and feel exactly the same way.... I hate being a hypocrite. And I had a similar revelation about a week and a half ago!

My diary is open and hope we can help each other out!!

Melissa
  • jouergal
    Options
    :smile: sent you a request :smile:
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I sent a request - open diary.
  • DoctorKatey
    Options
    Sending you a request - I work in the health field & my hubby is a nurse, so I totally get it!!!
  • Lgann14
    Options
    You can add me. I have same goal as you, only I am about to graduate with a RN. Quit smoking last year and packed on more weight, so now it is time to take it off and be a role model.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My diary is certainly open! Feel free to add me if you would like
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm an RN as well, working in palliative care. :)
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    Y'all can add me :)
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am a 42 year old busy mom as well and my goal is 130 also...you can do this, I started a lot heavier and look where I am now. I am on here every day, it works! :smile:
  • lifesigns64
    Options
    Sent you a request, got an open diary as well.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, you can add me if you'd like :-)
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My diary is also open to friends. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd happy to help you any way I can! You can do this!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My diary is open and I am on here every day