New here

Options
Nicksta
Nicksta Posts: 4 Member
Hi everyone am new here and need help and also some encouragemet. I have been doing some form of exercise all week and eating really healthy and i haven't lost not even a pound. I am so discouraged. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. The number one reason I see people not lose weight is that they are getting to few calories. Then your body hoardes the fat. Check that first.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Also, it sometimes takes a bit for your body to metabolism to kick in. My mom did everything she was supposed to and didn't lose a pound for three weeks. She went on to lose 40lbs doing exactly what she had done those first three weeks. Remember: weight loss is not a quick fix. It is a long-term solution to a long-term problem.

Good luck!
  • Nicksta
    Options
    Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I am trying very hard to eat more calories but always fall short when I add my exercise. I am very new at this. I just started gaiining weight after having a surgery. Any input on how to keep up with my weight loss will be greatly appreciated.
  • jacob1869
    jacob1869 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just doing it to do it! I'm 23 and want to be in better shape than I am now. Not bad, but could be better. I work for a living like most folks, and have a dog that takes up as much of my time as a child does.... Don't believe me?! You take him for a weekend! Lol. But really, now that I have the means, needs and wants to keep track of everything, and my motabolism is slowing down, I figured why not join up with everyone else, and talk about my progress. Thanks for reading!
  • cotton1985
    cotton1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am new to My Fitness Pal, I have struggled with weight my whole life and I want to once and for all kick the stress and exasperation that I feel from being heavy! I was introduced to My Fitness Pal by my best friend and thought that maybe this site just might be the motivation and support that I need to reach my weight loss goals. I am currently doing the Flay Belly Diet 4 day jump start and from there I am going to start going to weight watchers. I haven't set in stone what I am going to do as far as work out but I have a home EFX and also a park nearby with a trail. I plan to join a gym but if anyone can give me any suggestions of what they do that would be great!
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicksta & Cotton! Welcome and good luck. You can add me as a friend, for support, it you would like.
  • Nicksta
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement. I did better with my eating yesterday. I think I am getting better just by being here. This site really rock!!
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to hear you are doing better :) This site really does help you be more aware and make sure you are balancing diet and exercise correctly. Keep it up, you'll get there!
  • Nicksta
    Options
    Hi it's really nice to be here. Any tips or suggestion for a beginner. My exercise regimen so far consist of walking only. I would like to start doing something else.