Girl Scout Cookies

Options
Oh, how I love Girl Scout Cookies. In the past 2 days I have consumed 1 1/2 boxes of the "Thanks Alot' cookies. I now have abdominal cramps and I am feeling miserable. I don't plan on beating myself up though! I have made the "selfish" decision to donate the remaining 3 boxes to my local librarians who have helped me so much in the past 4 years.Some days, before my diagnosis with blood clots, I could barely walk in the library and had to use the free walkers they have there for the disabled. When my back was out they carried my books to the car! I love these thoughtful, caring women librarians!

Replies

• TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love them too. And since I have no discipline, I didn't order any. My kids each bought a box with their allowance money so I won't sneak into those ;) Now if I can convince my husband NOT to give in and bring them home, I'll be good to go (so far so good)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The half box left is in the freezer now!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    oh my, we are all alike. That is why I said No. I didnot order any. That is for the skinny people.
  • PDXContessa
    PDXContessa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I want to get rid of temptations, I send it to work with my husband so he can leave it in the break room. His employees are the sacrificial lambs of my diet.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Um.. You know that they are all even tastier frozen right? :)
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Girl Scout Cookies are awsome. You can always start over tomorrow and maybe eat only a serving.....:smile:
  • originalkazila
    Options
    A box came into the office not too long ago - managed to keep my snacking to 5 cookies. Those damn thin mints are heavenly.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    They are addicting! I keep mine in the freezer too. That way I can't eat the whole box!
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    Um.. You know that they are all even tastier frozen right? :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    With me it's a love/hate relationship. lol I do my best to stear clear of the buggers. The girls at work won't even come near me with the order forms anymore. Bless thier hearts!.
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I now can't stop thinking about frozen thin mints.....give me a box and i'll be just as bad as you. nice job with the will power to donate your other boxes to your librarians :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    He was right.They are better frozen.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the coconut caramel ones. I can ration mine out to two cookies a day, but my resident cookie monsters help to ensure there are NO cookies in this house for such rationing.
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh no you didn't!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Maybe girl scout cookies can be used as "frenemy" gifts. You give them to people you don't really like as a gift hoping they won't be able to control themselves around them and eat them all, packing on 10 pounds in the process. :laugh:
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I still have cookies from last year in my house.... I just wish I could find the new mango ones..just not available in Oregon.. that might be a good thing.
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    YEP!!! Those are the most heavenly things on earth! This idiot ordered 12 boxes that will go straight to the freezer- one by one they will make their way outta here! Cant say no to the kids!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    Oh no you didn't!

Only 2
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    mmmm love those cookies. i just try not to bring stuff i have no control over into my home. lol or i give them away like u did :laugh:
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    samoa's, you got any? lol