1200 Calories! Please help!

Options
I need some help with this whole calorie thing. I am 5'0 and currently weigh 157lbs. I am currently a stay at home mom (on mat leave) of a 2.5 year old and a 5 month old. I just finished the 30 day shred and started 6w6p but took the last few days off because it was quite busy with it being my birthday weekend. I don't understand how I am not losing more weight than I am. Since the beginning of January I have only lost 7lbs and don't understand how some people lose like 20 pounds!! This is a little discouraging!!

Replies

• carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's healthy to lose 1-2 pounds per week, so 7 pounds from the beginning of January sounds like you are on track. Don't stress, it is a lot harder to lose the weight than put it on and it takes time and patience. You are already seeing results. Make sure you are taking your measurements too. Weight can often be unpredictable, as your body's weight can change up to 5 pounds in just a week due to water weight. Measurements are a more accurate gauge for your weight loss.
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My wife and I did 30ds starting jan 14 and we lost about 8 lbs each. So you are definitely on the right track. Just keep it up! Btw we moved on to ripped in 30 but plan to mix it up with c25k soon.
  • ugtsnaked
    ugtsnaked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more, you're doing fine how you are though in my opinion.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is right on track. Us shorties do not lose weight fast and if we do, we aren't doing it right. DON"T GIVE UP!!!

Also, have you played around with your calories? Do you eat back some/all of your exercise calories? I'm not an advocate of eating back all the calories you worked off, but you may be able to eat more than you realize. Try it for a few days and see what happens. You may find out that you can afford to eat more than it tells you, since you are reasonably active. I mention this because there is really no reason to eat such a restricted diet if you don't truly have to.

Patience, patience, patience.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You could be gaining some muscle while losing fat. Your overall weight might not drop as quickly, but you could still have desirable changes in body composition and shape. You'll see many success stories on here with similar results. As such, measurements and photos will be more insightful. A scale that measures body fat % could also be a motivator if it diverts your attention away from the total pounds. Even simpler, some people pick a pair of tight fitting slacks or jeans and try them on once a month to really feel their progress.