VitaMix/Blender Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I got a blendtec and I love it. At first I was making green smoothies but after using broccoli and cabbage I got totally grossed out and have been having this every morning after my walk

8 ounces almond milk
    medium banana
    1 cup frozen berries
    1 tbsp chia seeds

it doesn't fill me up so at 10 I have a mozerella stick or a chobani yougurt

spinach and kale were good in green smootiens buit not cabbage or broccoli - what was I thinking?

I tried whey protein poweder but it tasted too chemically
    I tried flax seeds but it made me really gassy - I know TMI
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use mine for lots of things. I make a spaghetti bolognaise sauce and to do it really simply, I chuck in whatever I have - onions, garlic, at least three or four tomatoes, carrots, capsicum (bell peppers), maybe broccoli or other vegies I can sneak in. Then put a cup of water in or so, and whizz it up. On low speed if you like it chunky, on high if you like it to be pureed.

I then pour this into my browned meat, and cook it - all the sneaky goodness is hidden from my children, but you do still get flavour out of the stuff you put in.

I also make a pumpkin soup in a similar fashion, but I do it on the stovetop and then finish it off in the Vitamix because my husband prefers it that way. I can sneak in all sorts of good vegies - parsnips/carrots etc. Keeping the colour as light or close to orange as possible and no-one knows.

I love the way you can do things at different speeds depending on the desired consistency.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sue3mac
    sue3mac Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Love my Vitamix! Got mine on QVC on easy pay. Would not been able to afford it otherwise. I just mix vegs. with fruit,usually frozen fruit, maybe a cup of skim milk or almond milk, some chia seed, a dash of cinnamon, anything goes! Drink and enjoy!! Don't forget to calculate the calories, can really add up fast with the fruit and whatever liqiud(other than water!) you add. :)
  • cmullerRN
    cmullerRN Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Morning sunrise smoothie
    Handful baby Carrots
    1/2 inch fresh Ginger
    1Apple
    Slice of pineapple
    1 Orange and some water/ice or a splash of Orange juice
    Dash of vanilla
    Sometimes add protien powder if using for breakfast

I buy fresh pineapple and other fruits and cut them up in chunks then store in freezer for quick use.

Chocolate breakfast smoothie
    Banana
    1/4 cup Oatmeal or cream of wheat
    Chocolate powder of some sort
    Vanilla or sugarfree vanilla syrup based on type of chocolate I use
    Instant coffee is a great addition too
    Add hot water to desired consistancy

Orange dreamsicle
    Orange or juice
    Banana
    Tablespoon nonfat dry milk
    Vanilla
    Ice
  • cmullerRN
    cmullerRN Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    these recipes look fantastic!
  • swensonsings
    swensonsings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nothing fancy, but this strawberry-blueberry smoothie gets spinach into me and my kids!

2 cups water
    1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    2 TBSP chia seeds
    big handful of fresh spinach

This makes about 40 ounces, which I split with my son (20 ounce cups), but it could easily serve 3.

Just stocked up on strawberries, blueberries and Greek yogurt at Costco this morning.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Roast a bunch of root veggies and squashes (yams, garlic, sweet potatoes, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, celery, beets, carrots, butternut squash, etc) in a little bit of olive oil and your favorite seasonings. Eat them with a serving of protien (chicken breast, salmon filet, etc) and then take what's left and toss them into your VitaMix with some boiling water until it reaches the consistency of a creamy soup. I add a couple of basil leaves into my soup at the end. It's cheap and easy and oh so healthy!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up, but my base smoothie is banana, strawberry, oranges, orange Juice, grapse, spinach and carrots.

Here is one I really liked. Started using whole avacado which adds a nice creaminess and lots of nutreints. This includes the seed.

WISH WE COULD SHARE RECIPES! Here is a pic grab of it.

2013-02-19_14-46-24.png
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    You can take out the cottage cheese in the above to watch calories and proteins.