Hi im New, Emily in UK x

Options
Hi im Emily am 28 with a 6 year old and am 37 weeks pregnant will be meeting my baby 2 weeks today with planned csection on Monday 4th March :smile: (csection for medical reasons he is breech as was my first son, have a pelvis which invites the position apparantly, he can not be turned and breech labour not a option).

I found app on phone and thought would get used to app/site ready to help with weight loss after baby as my weight gain has been terrible in last couple of weeks and hitting over 13 stone kicked me up backside! Is combination of craving cake/pastry in last couple weeks and me getting the can't be bothered had enough attitude (which i'm sure i will regret). Im glad i did look now not impresssed with myself i looked into the recommended healthy calorie intake for a pregnant women of my age, height and starting weight which was between 1900 and 2200 in final weeks. I logged yesterday what i ate in diary and astonished i tucked away 3451 Calories.......

I do not intend to start a drastic diet before end of pregnancy although i will be trying for that will power to not over indulge unecessarily over the 2200 calories in next 14 days. I really want to get to grips with site ready to lose weight afterwards so far i have put on 36lbs now at 183lbs (started at 147lbs).

I would like to get down to 136lbs eventually which is ideal for my height and frame as was skinny/fat at a size 12 pre-pregnancy and would like to be a toned 10/12 ideally well not wobbly everywhere atleast lol. I know this means i have got to exercise and tone too now aswell as diet. I do not know where to start with that as totally honest other than walking i have shamefully not exercised properly for years.

Am hoping to make friends and gain advice, motivation on here to help me through this journey. Now off to explore site as first time i been online rather than app and is few differences. Look forward to hearing from you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kyledrums
    Kyledrums Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey, Good luck with the birth and you're in great hands here. I've only been on the site since the start of the year but have done great. The support is amazing as are a lot of the success stories. Feel free to add me if you want I'm also in the UK

Kyle
  • BellaCullen18981
    BellaCullen18981 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome hun:smile: x
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily... I totally know what it's like to gain those pounds during pregnancy as I was left with a stone after each baby that I could never lose.... I have 4 children! I weighed in at just under 14 st and decided to do A VLCD to help lose a few stone quickly as I struggled to manage the Cals myself but in another month I will switch.
    Please don't worry about the extra Cals this far into your pregnancy as I'm sure you know this is the hardest bit. Give yourself time then start to manage slowly. I fed my youngest for 6 months and it took me another 6 months to feel ready to diet and exercise again, he is now 18 months and I've only just got the hang of it but thank god we are all different:)

Good luck with the babe and feel free to add me:)
  • Graham195657
    Options
    HI Emily,
    Good luck with your new baby,and hi to all your family. Im in the UK too. Add me if u want. I also need motivation ,lol although i have lost about a stone plus, but still very hard to maintain it.

Graham