Fun weekend now Im scared

Options
I celebrated big this past weekend. Thurs -Sun. Now I'm scared that I undid all the good work that I have been doing since September. My first getaway since I started mfp. I even had desert with breakfast! I'm afraid that now I stretched my stomach back out again and will be hungry all the time and that I gained some weight. I even had Chinese buffet that I chose all the bad things that I've not had in months. It nearly killed me to get 3 lbs off to get under 150and now what? I'm whining I know. Sorry

Replies

• katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Don't dwell on it, what's done is done. Just pick yourself back up and get into the game again.. You won't get anywhere if you beat yourself up for falling off the wagon..
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Fun weekends keep life interesting. It's done now get back on that exercise and eating sensibly waggon.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    get back on track and DONT give up! i was stuck at 154 FOREVER and then i started to get unmotivated.....woke up this am at 160!!! :sad: cetrainly gave me a kick in the *kitten* and im getin back on track!
  • bennysammysofie
    Options
    Great way to kick start the metabolism!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Saw this quote - really makes sense when you go off the wagon.

"If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?"
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    All you can do is get back on it today. Keep going!
  • acm2789
    acm2789 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have some healthy snacks ready so that when you do get hungry you just grab those and aren't as tempted to get something unhealthy that you're most likely going to be craving after you're fun weekend. Since you're on track most of the time you'll be able to do this! It might seem difficult today but just stay positive and think about the fun you had this weekend rather than what you ate and have a wonderful day :)
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Relax, and take a few days before thinking about checking. I too went away for four days to Las Vegas recently and indulged a few times. It was impossible to stay away from the cinnamon rolls that tasted exactly like mom's. I have went on a few trips over the last 8mo and if you change your diet on the days away you may find you are a little bloated when you resume with your better eating habits. It does for me. A few days after you will chase that crap away.

All's well my friend. Chit happens, so don't fret or try to undo things that can't be changed.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. Don't weigh yourself for a week. Don't dwell on it. Work out hard this week.

You will be fine!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Saw this quote - really makes sense when you go off the wagon.

"If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?"
    This just made me LOL, awesome
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Worrying does nothing for you, and if you've been consistently losing for months as you mentioned - you most likely will not gain anything. There are so many factors in weight loss that it's hard to say. If you are concerned about it though, take action and go exercise.
  • carlytenney
    carlytenney Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words. A real pick me up for me. I will not weigh myself for a week or longer. I'm going to try and forget about it but keep the lesson. I think that I'm most bothered by the fact that it took me 5 MONTHS to lose 21 lbs. But I'm going to top wallowing and get on with it. Not everyone an be the hare. There are some tortoises as well. I guess that's me lol. Thanks kids!