Options
2»

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    *Going to buy some after hating them since I was 2.....*

haha I know right I am gonna do this !

Do they reheat ok? if I made some roasted ones to take to work as part of my lunch or are they best eaten fresh from the oven
  • mama2mila
    Options
    my fave is raw.... (although balsamic roasted are yummy as well) in a salad from the ohsheglows website.... with your shredder attachment on a food processor, shred about 18 sprouts and 1 large carrot. Add 1 stalk celery and 1 large apple, chopped. 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, and 1/4 cup raisins. Juice of a lemon and a touch of maple syrup. Its called "detox" salad and I'm SOOOOo addicted!
  • CedricOl
    Options
    I used to hate Brussels sprouts, now I really enjoy them. Not sure what happened.

Kids have more bitterness receptors, it's an evolutionary way for them to detect toxins when they're most fragile to them. When they grow up, those receptors fade out and they start enjoying brussels sprouts. That's not to say that every adult likes them though.

Liking brussels sprouts as a kid is an abnormality.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I've tried to like them, I just can't. Same goes for spinach, lima beans, and swiss cheese. You can't convince me that they're good! :wink:
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used to hate Brussels sprouts, now I really enjoy them. Not sure what happened.

Kids have more bitterness receptors, it's an evolutionary way for them to detect toxins when they're most fragile to them. When they grow up, those receptors fade out and they start enjoying brussels sprouts. That's not to say that every adult likes them though.

Liking brussels sprouts as a kid is an abnormality.

It takes some persistence but you can get kids to actually like them. I think I made my kids try them around 6 or 7 times before they were finally OK with brussel sprouts. They'll still take a good green salad or broccoli/cauliflower over them but they will at least consume the sprouts.