Not eating because I don't get the calorie deficit HELP!!!

Options
I tried online calculators and they sucked! can someone please tell me how to calculate how many cals i should take in per day to lose a kg per week?! my bmr is 1490. i know we need 7700 to lose a kg per week i just need to knw how MUCH i should have per day according to my bmr. Thank you in advance! being lost is annoying.
If you can provide the calculation without a workout and with it would be great :)

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Why not just use MFP as designed?
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    Why don't you just use what MFP suggests??? they include the calorie deficit for losing weight if thats what you've set your goals to...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why not just use MFP as designed?

this!
  • newmrswood
    Options
    MFP put you at the lowest amount you should eat, you just put how much you'd like to lose a week and it does it for you.
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Kg's make my head hurt just thinking about them. If you would have had pounds as your measurements, maybe then I could've helped. But good luck!
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    Whoa i totally forgot about that because the previous calculations wer'nt accurate but that's because i wasn't sure of my bmr! Thank you!! loll I feel dumb right now.
  • tinadaybreaker01
    Options
    MFP put you at the lowest amount you should eat, you just put how much you'd like to lose a week and it does it for you.

It wont quote figures for losing anything more than 2lbs a week. Because its not healthy to lose more. 3kg a week is a crash diet and it can only harm you, not help.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    With a BMR of 1490, eat 1500 minimum/day and eat back exercise calories.
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    Ok i calculated and it says my goal is 1200 and i would lose 1.3 lb! i want 2!! :( what i need someone to explain to me, is what if i worked out do i eat all my exercise cals or just eat 1200. ?!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    mfp will give you 1200 for this loss and that imo is quite low enough - you don't want to start losing hair, being knackered etc.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    Male or female?

It sounds like you are already too small to expect to lose very much a week.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Ok i calculated and it says my goal is 1200 and i would lose 1.3 lb! i want 2!! :( what i need someone to explain to me, is what if i worked out do i eat all my exercise cals or just eat 1200. ?!

this is the figures i got but actually lost 3lb the first week then 2 this week so give it a bash - i eat my exercise cals.
  • darrellbbyrnes
    Options
    You are going to have to put in some fitness if you are trying to lose 1kg (2.2 lbs) a week. That is 7700 cals a week, or 1100 a day. If ou are burning 1500, that means that you can only consume 400 cals a day to get to your goal. You should look to consume 1200 a day, and then find a way to exercise the others off.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    >>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 <---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    i will read that! ! i am not too small! i need to lose 13 kg to reach my ideal weight i'm not fat i just want to be the best i can be. My metabolic rate is just slow. Thank you all!! i think i will just stick to 1200 with or without exercise it's true just because mfp said i'd lost about 1.3 lb i might lose more.
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-goal.php This lets you enter your goal weight and tells you how many calories you should be eating in order to get to that weight by a specific time :)
    I used it, it decreases the amount of calories you can have as the time goes by so you dont plateu.

Best one ive used, ive also printed it off and put it on my fridge.
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, Ive been eating 1,100 and not eating back my exercise calories.
    And ive been loosing two pounds per week (for the last 7 weeks)
    so If you stick to 1,200 without eating back the exercise calories in my opinion this is the way you will loose 2lbs.

Its low but aslong as you are eating correctly its fine :) also im 10 st 8 lbs (148 lbs) down from 160 lbs, not sure if that makes a difference to how much weight loss would vary!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    i will read that! ! i am not too small! i need to lose 13 kg to reach my ideal weight i'm not fat i just want to be the best i can be. My metabolic rate is just slow. Thank you all!! i think i will just stick to 1200 with or without exercise it's true just because mfp said i'd lost about 1.3 lb i might lose more.

Google says that 13 kg is 28.6 pounds. So, yeah, two pounds per week is way too aggressive for the litle bit you are trying to lose.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

The lowest number MFP will give you is 1200 NET.... any lower is not "healthy" weight loss. Unhealthy weight loss will have you eating below your BMR and losing muscle mass in the process. Most people here want to lose FAT and not muscle.

The reason you can't lose 2 pounds ..... larger people need more calories than smaller people. Larger people have higher "starting" number from which to create a deficit. A large calorie deficit for a small person = muscle loss.

If you have less than 10 pounds to lose ..... 1/2 pound is a good weight loss goal.

Eating back exercise calories (not too many ... calorie counts can be exaggerated) .... fuels your workout & ensures you maintain muscle mass.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Eat 1200 cals PLUS your exercise calories. MFP sets your goal low not including exercise. When you do exercise, you need more fuel. If you eat less than that you will create too much stress on your body and this will most likely prevent you from losing the weight.