I had a Bad Weekend.

Options
It was actually a great weekend, romantic anniversary weekend in a nice hotel. but no excersize, and definate binge eating. I ate over 3000 calories saturday. Im feeling so guilty and bad about myself. I feel like I undid everything I've worked for thus far.

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    Options
    If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    One day of "bad" eating is not going to ruin all your efforts, period.
  • dietingdanni
    Options
    Dont worry about it, this is a lifestyle change not just a diet and throughout the rest of your life you are going to have lovely weekends away where you indulge, just make sure that today you get back on the healthly foods and you will be surprised how little it will affect your diet.
  • MeriLeMay
    MeriLeMay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Had a setback this weekend myself without a reason why so get back on the horse with me and well keep going forward! Lifestyle changes take time, most are not instantaneous.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just brush it off and get back on track. Today is a new day.
  • stharrison23
    stharrison23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I indulged way too much over the Valentines weekend. I had way too much chocolate and treats. My hubby and I went out to eat twice. Ribs one night, lasagna the next. And no exercise. I woke up feeling so bad this morning. But I know that I just have to get back on track today. I have to let loose and enjoy weekends like that every once in awhile. If not, I could never do this forever.
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't set yourself up thinking each day is going to be perfect, they aren't. If you enjoyed yourself, which I hope you did, now you need to get over your guilt and get on with it. It's a lifestyle change and it sounds like you experienced some life!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Just brush it off and get back on track. Today is a new day.
    ^ Yup, and pretty much what everyone else said.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I was in New Orleans for the weekend and didn't stick to my fitness plan, either. I'm not gonna worry about it. I figure a couple of days every now and then (like every 2-3 months) is probably good to shock my body off the routine. Even cave men occasionally had a feast, right? Back to the gym today! Don't worry too much, and don't let it be an excuse to slack today or this week. Just move it!
  • jewell4112
    Options
    I feel your pain. I did exactly the same thing. Yesterday alone I had a Dr Pepper for the first time this year along with a cheeseburger and ice cream...all in the same day. But as noted above, today is a new day.
  • Thruen
    Thruen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1 cheat day isn't too bad! Just get back on track asap and keep going! :)
  • Nauti_Buoy
    Options
    Your not going to get "fat" overnight just like you can't get skinny overnight. I just got off a 7 day cruise, only ran on the treadmill twice came back 5 lbs heavier. Gave it two days of a decent workout and it dropped right back off. Most likely its water retention from sodium. You cant let the scale mess with your head. If you ate like that for a month then youd gain weight, most likely you just had lots of sodium and your body is holding on for a little bit. It will drop right back off if you keep at it.
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?

I'm with lambchop on this one... stay strong, don't derail and keep moving forward!
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya. Logged my gain this morning. Ugh! But, I am getting right back on track. Don't let it get you down, as others have said in the past, weight loss is not linear, there are going to be ups and downs. Good Luck!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Special days are meant to be celebrated
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, these things will happen, it's called living your life :) Why make yourself feel guilty about having fun. How miserable to think you will never have another day of indulgence, it's just not feasible. I had a very calorific valentines too but I thought of it as a reward for all my hard work thus far and an incentive to carry on again this week. Don't spoil your lovely weekend with guilt, it's so not worth it and in the long run, it'll make zero difference! You're doing brilliantly, enjoy it! :)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    We all do it. I did it as well. One day at a time.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the memory and get back to your usual routine.
  • Haiir0
    Haiir0 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me, too. Like everyone has said—you just have to get back on the wagon. Take it one day at a time! :)
  • nataliecarter28
    nataliecarter28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm back on track already, just finished my workout now I'm having a nice big bowl o'veggies :)