Do you find it as ridiculous as I .....?

Options

Replies

• Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    The ads can be based on cookies from previous searches... you are possibly seeing restaurants because you used to search a lot for restaurants. I used to order from Dominoes a lot and all my ads were Dominoes... I deleted my cookies and now I get other useless crap instead :)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    mine are for either makeup or weight loss tips. Depends on the cookies in your computer! (google what that is if needed)

Oh great she's complaining about restaurants and you bring up cookies???? Hmm, delicious cookies....
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Oh, Adblock, how I love you so~
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I always get a kick out of "targeted" advertising. Between using MFP, searching for calorie counts, workout info, etc, and changing my FB status to "single," most of my facebook ads are for dating services for men looking for BBW. Thanks, facebook. :grumble:

PMSL...thanks for that chuckle!

Mine are for travel websites, audio books, and a local supermarket...all of which I use!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Now I have nike shoes and rasberry ketone. OH, this is a new one...Is your body TOXIC? "snort"
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, mine is a public service announcement about alheimers!!! What are they telling me?
  • jomtois
    jomtois Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mine are for bags of potato chips...now available from Amazon.com!

If you are too lazy to go to the store to buy your Doritos and Cheetos, Amazon will now deliver them to your house. Now if only I didn't have to walk all the way to the door....
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, mine is a public service announcement about alheimers!!! What are they telling me?

This is the best response yet!
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Mine are for bridesmaids dresses. I am neither getting married nor being a bridesmaid, but I do look at pretty dresses online.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I get ads for dance performances, becoming a personal trainer, and lingerie (and clothing stores that I personally look at online). But, whenever I read/respond to a thread, it ends up showing me ads that relate to that. I usually just ignore the ads. I'm sure we all get silly weight loss ads since this is a calorie counting site after-all. But, I never get the food ads or restaurant ads.

Click on the little arrow at the upper right corner of the ad and uncheck things it has checked off that are an interest to you (it will eventually become checked again if you continue to search for that topic online).
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    ****, a pampers add....is my wife pregnant?
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mine is to get a medical degree.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    GOT AN AD FOR A COUPON FOR A BOX OF PASTA.... BUT I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR RECIPES.... ALTHOUGH I ALMOST NEVER EAT PASTA.....
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure itt's completely random. Mine is an advertisement for engagement rings.

Hmmm... Do you share a computer with your boyfriend? Maybe it wasn't you who was doing the searching. :)

Congratulations?

Hahahaha, lol, no, I don't even own a computer, I'm always on my phone. I would certainly hope that after only eight months that wouldn't even be a consideration yet!!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    A lot of the ads on here are targeted, sometimes from your cookies and sometimes according to the subject matter of the thread.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Right now they are trying to interest me in a sleep number bed. It might be telling me it's time for a nap.
  • lucindasun
    Options
    I'm seeing an ad for the new Mazda 2014, Looks nice !
  • tapdance66
    Options
    It's weird that it's based on our cookies or preferences. Mine are for fast food restaurants more than half of the time and I haven't eaten any kind of fast food in over 10 years!! I hardly ever eat out and I can't recall ever searching for restaurant anything on a computer. Hmm. wonder what else I've looked for that is triggering that?
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    Mine are for smartphones or engagement rings...haha.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    mine are for insurance companies and hotels